Long Beach Parking

TOMTOMRN331

Hello All - 

We are sailing on the Imagination on 12/1/2019. How is parking at the Long Beach Terminal? Pron/Con? Other locations for long term parking? Our hotel does not offer parking outside of staying at the property. 

Thank you advance for responses. 

1 hour ago, Rosefloater said:

No problem parking for the short cruises. We usually head straight for level 3 of the structure. I've never been lucky enough for finding a spot on 2.

In case you don't know, parking is $20/day. 

We are checking parking/checking in till 1130 that day. Do you see any issue with the garage filling up? 

9 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

You should be able to find parking but no one can guarantee that.

Why stay at a hotel that doesn't offer parking for you for the duration of the cruise???

We are staying at the Westin, using points. There is a garage attached to the hotel which offers 24 hour parking. I have not parked in LB in a LONG time, are you allowed to do overnight parking in the garages? They have advertised 24 hour rates? I was thinking it would be easy to uber back and forth before and after the cruise. 

You should not have a problem finding parking at LB for a midweek cruise on the Imagination.  When we cruised that ship, we arrived later than your expected 11:30 am arrival time and were able to find a spot.  I think we drove to the highest level, but there was plenty of parking.  

The Long Beach cruise ship terminal has recently opened another lot that is accessible via shuttle. It's cheaper than the structure at $12 a day. You drive your car there and park and a shuttle will be there to pick you up.

We are on the inaugural Panorama and was worried about parking (since it's 4000 people) but having the spill over lot has put our mind at ease.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 10:17 AM, pc_load_letter said:

The Long Beach cruise ship terminal has recently opened another lot that is accessible via shuttle. It's cheaper than the structure at $12 a day. You drive your car there and park and a shuttle will be there to pick you up.

We are on the inaugural Panorama and was worried about parking (since it's 4000 people) but having the spill over lot has put our mind at ease.

Do you know where the lot is? 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:17 AM, pc_load_letter said:

Wanted to follow up if you remember/know where this lot is? Is it the convention parking that Carnival recently announced they secured? 

Thank you in advance. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:53 AM, Rosefloater said:

No problem parking for the short cruises. We usually head straight for level 3 of the structure. I've never been lucky enough for finding a spot on 2.

In case you don't know, parking is $20/day. 

The daily rate is going up to $23 per day starting 11/28.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Parking at the convention center wasn't the PITA I thought it would be.  They have alot of busses to take you back and forth.  The only thing I didn't like was after the cruise they dropped you off at the sidewalk before the parking lot.  Was a bit of chaos with everyone getting their luggage and not alot of space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 7:15 PM, jimd909 said:

Parking at the convention center wasn't the PITA I thought it would be.  They have alot of busses to take you back and forth.  The only thing I didn't like was after the cruise they dropped you off at the sidewalk before the parking lot.  Was a bit of chaos with everyone getting their luggage and not alot of space.

May i know the offsite parking lot (at 200 seaside way, long beach) is parking garage (couple story) or an open field parking lot? How is the security at the offsite parking lot (at 200 seaside way, long beach) since it's cheaper than long beach terminal parking garage?

On 1/26/2020 at 10:47 PM, gatomon said:

May i know the offsite parking lot (at 200 seaside way, long beach) is parking garage (couple story) or an open field parking lot? How is the security at the offsite parking lot (at 200 seaside way, long beach) since it's cheaper than long beach terminal parking garage?

It's not a parking garage.  It's an open parking lot. I don't know how security is, but nothing happened to my vehicle there nor did I hear anyone else saying anything happened. I was parked there for a 3-day cruise just after Christmas from 12/26 - 12/29.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email back from Long Beach City saying they only let you park at the Convention Center and/or the City Lot A for the 3 and 4 days cruises now....and NOT for the Panorama 7 day.  I wonder how they control it?