Difference in Sky Suites on Edge

mafig

The thread below covers the a lot about the suite experience on the Edge. The description of the Sky Suites is in post #8.

Yes, you get the suite benefits such as Luminae, Retreat Sundeck, Retreat Lounge and much more (the upper level suites have some additional benefits). Yes, the location is the main difference between the S1, S2, S3, though there are other differences.

I have stayed in an S1 aft and S1 port side (exactly the same as the S2's port and starboard). Though not perfect, we loved the Sky Suites. The aft S1 balconies are 163 sq ft and very nice. The bathrooms are amazing and love the ones with the bed facing the ocean with a window/mirror in the bathroom. I wasn't happy with the balcony furniture, though you can now get loungers. Also, there wasn't a big enough table for room service, but they added a large (though low) coffee table to the living room and took away the large rocker. I would stay in one that was reasonably -priced in a heartbeat. The suite life is very nice on the Edge (the Retreat Sundeck, with tons of padded loungers, a full bar and place to have a light lunch, a small pool and hot tub, is lovely).

If you look through this thread and have other questions, ask away.🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Thank you so much!  

Just as an aside, I did try several different word combinations  to enter into the Search feature and this thread never showed up!  

Glad I asked !  And thank you again for responding..

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Thank you so much!  

Just as an aside, I did try several different word combinations  to enter into the Search feature and this thread never showed up!  

I am starting to bookmark all of my old threads because I can't even search and find my own threads some times (and I know the titles!). It is frustrating!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Thank you so much!  

You may already know this, but just in case you do not.

When searching, I always click the “this forum” choice instead of the default “everywhere”.  If not, I usually cannot find what I need.  

5 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

While many like the Aft S1's. With Luminae and the Retreat all forward I would book mid ship.

I've done both and it was a toss up for us. I think I preferred the bed facing the ocean and being closer to the suite venues with the midship S1, but my DH really loves the S1 aft balcony, could care less about the bed position and would walk 20 miles to get to it, if needed! 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

We are currently on the Edge Transatlantic and having a fabulous time in an S3 on the corner of the track of the Magic Carpet. The suite is very spacious and the balcony is very large with plenty of room for 2 loungers plus 2 very comfortable chairs and a drinks table. We have no interference from the Magic Carpet to our enjoyment of the balcony.

The bathroom is excellent with a Roman bath / shower combination and a separate toilet cubicle.The suite itself has plenty of sitting space with a chaise longe type sofa , a leather covered pouffe, a round stool and a desk chair as well. There is ample storage both in hanging space and in drawer space.

We initially booked an S1 corner Aft in mid 2018 for this cruise when Edge first came out, - but with no drinks package, no gratuities  and no OBC! However we switched this summer just before Final Payment as we were offered a deal on the S3 which included these three perks, plus the airfare for about £5k less than we were going to pay just for the S1 without the airfare! 

We haven't regretted it for one minute! The S3 is midship, and it is so easy to get to all of the suite amenities such as Luminae, The Retreat and the Suites Sundeck via the forward lifts, with the aft lifts taking you directly to Eden, the Plaza and Al Baccio! By contrast, some friends who are in an aft S1 have commented that they do feel quite a way away from the suite amenities which are  all at the front of the ship. 

Our butler, Hilario, has been excellent and most attentive.

We would definitely be very happy to book an S3 again on the Edge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WorcesterPear said:

We are currently on the Edge Transatlantic and having a fabulous time in an S3 on the corner of the track of the Magic Carpet. The suite is very spacious and the balcony is very large with plenty of room for 2 loungers plus 2 very comfortable chairs and a drinks table. We have no interference from the Magic Carpet to our enjoyment of the balcony.

The bathroom is excellent with a Roman bath / shower combination and a separate toilet cubicle.The suite itself has plenty of sitting space with a chaise longe type sofa , a leather covered pouffe, a round stool and a desk chair as well. There is ample storage both in hanging space and in drawer space.

We initially booked an S1 corner Aft in mid 2018 for this cruise when Edge first came out, - but with no drinks package, no gratuities  and no OBC! However we switched this summer just before Final Payment as we were offered a deal on the S3 which included these three perks, plus the airfare for about £5k less than we were going to pay just for the S1 without the airfare! 

We haven't regretted it for one minute! The S3 is midship, and it is so easy to get to all of the suite amenities such as Luminae, The Retreat and the Suites Sundeck via the forward lifts, with the aft lifts taking you directly to Eden, the Plaza and Al Baccio! By contrast, some friends who are in an aft S1 have commented that they do feel quite a way away from the suite amenities which are  all at the front of the ship. 

Our butler, Hilario, has been excellent and most attentive.

We would definitely be very happy to book an S3 again on the Edge. 

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your S3. If you don't mind saying, which one are you in? If you want to wait until after the cruise and come back and let me know, that would be great! I would love to have you do a review (pictures?) for the Edge Cabin sticky at the top of the Forum page. I put a link at the bottom.

I have toured a couple of them and have seen pictures and videos of others and like them overall. I don't think that the view is that obstructed by the Magic Carpet rail - the views are actually good and the large balcony a plus. I also like the side windows in the corner balconies (Decks 6-11 -  Deck 12 doesn't have them).

There have been a couple of issues with Deck 12 (noise issues) that may have been resolved by now and Decks 11+12 have the Magic Carpet as an overhang (with spikes) much of the day (when positioned on 14). I'm not sure about the Deck 6 S3's - I have seen one positive and one negative review - when the Magic Carpet is on 5, it is just below your balcony.

Overall, I think they are a nice way to get into the suite life on the Edge, as they are several hundred dollars less than the S2's now. I've decided that I would take a good deal on a suite guarantee on the Edge. If I got one an Deck 11 or 12, I would head to the Retreat Sundeck for more sun, if needed.  That place is paradise!!

Corner S3 balcony (not Deck 12):

885238252_S311160.jpeg.fa8c294a4ae77a9fc6fbc4984b54178b.jpeg

View from middle S3:

1168372942_s36.jpg.04a941b015015ed2c34d8a3740a989da.jpg

Overhang of Magic Carpet (this was a middle S3 on 11):

1899410719_s3deck12.thumb.jpg.787d9ff439b35f04ed7bf51d06aa342b.jpg

220137696_s34.jpg.96b7af509cca1d61f634f7d9aeb68d8f.jpg

Magic Carpet on 5 for Deck 6 S3:

2108487611_topofMCdeck6s3.jpg.a7a318314c3e3fdd78a2d804a83e66fc.jpg

Middle S3 - Magic Carpet not on 14

s377.thumb.jpg.513bf4d66f168640b6a19361858a4135.jpg

692816944_s32.jpg.eb035de2e02f65c8d8fbeee11cfd3e98.jpg

Side note:

Hilario is a lovely person and the best butler ever! We had him on a Reflection TA in 2014. We were in a Sky Suite, but he treated us like we were his only responsibility. I remember when I told him about a request and said to get to it when he had the time, he said "I always have time for you. You work hard (we had chatted about our lives with him) and now you deserve to relax and let me help make this cruise everything you dreamed of."   When we saw him on the Edge last year, he grabbed and hugged us (and remembered our names) - he immediately took us to all of the high end suites and gave us a private tour (it was a Press and Trade Cruise so there were some open suites for touring). He had the Iconics at the time so we got a very thorough tour of one, as well as a PH, Villa, RS and CS. I think he must have talked to our butler because we had an amazing experience.  I am really hoping to see him on the Apex.

Edited by vtcruising

Here's the Edge Cabin spreadsheet, if the OP or anyone wants to add their cabins. It is so helpful to others trying to choose cabins!

You just need to copy and paste the template in the first post into a new post, complete the info and post it. Thanks!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/?tab=comments#comment-56328649

WorcesterPear,

I'd like to know what suite you are in also.

Were the lounger(s) and table already on your balcony or did you have to request them?

vtcruising, Does the suite guarantee offer all the suite amenities?

1 hour ago, mafig said:

vtcruising, Does the suite guarantee offer all the suite amenities?

You can get it stripped down with non-refundable deposit, no special offers and no perks or get the refundable deposit, special offers that are on-going and 4 perks for a higher price (I think one I saw was about $500-600 more PP to have the refundable deposit, any others offers out there and the 4 perks).

You probably know, but if you get a suite with Move Up, only the perks you already have move up with you. You don't get the 4 perks free, but get all the other suite amenities.

Edited by vtcruising