Hong Kong

zqtchas

Based on what I’ve been seeing with our clients, the impact has to be quite substantial.  Biz class on most flights is running < 33% full.  Heck, even Disney called it out on their earnings call as their losses are quite material.  The hotel discounts are enormous right now.

• Like 1

I will fly from Zurich to Hong Kong this Friday on Cathay Pacific and it seems that my flight is quite empty. I am supposed to spend 2 days there before heading to Bali to embark silver Muse. I have lived in HKG 28 years ago and have returned there many times since then but I am a little bit worried about the situation. I am supposed to stay in Wanchai. I guess I will go to Stanley Market on Sunday to avoid any potential problem with the current unrest. 

• Like 1

We are just leaving Vietnam now and boarded the Muse in Hong Kong.

I was concerned about the unrest , particularly because we arrived on a Saturday evening. We had no encounters in Kowloon and traveled everywhere. Perhaps we were fortunate but it just wasn’t a problem during our 3 night stay. Our flight from LAX to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific was a full flight but comfortable.

Having a wonderful time on the Muse- the ports have been challenging as they are quite a distance from the city centers, but the food and service are still great! 

We will be going overnite to Bangkok as the 3 hr each way is just too much for two consecutive days- wish SS had their smaller ships on this itinerary.

have a great cruise!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colgal said:

We are just leaving Vietnam now and boarded the Muse in Hong Kong.

I was concerned about the unrest , particularly because we arrived on a Saturday evening. We had no encounters in Kowloon and traveled everywhere. Perhaps we were fortunate but it just wasn’t a problem during our 3 night stay. Our flight from LAX to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific was a full flight but comfortable.

Having a wonderful time on the Muse- the ports have been challenging as they are quite a distance from the city centers, but the food and service are still great! 

We will be going overnite to Bangkok as the 3 hr each way is just too much for two consecutive days- wish SS had their smaller ships on this itinerary.

have a great cruise!

Thank you very much. Enjoy the second week of your cruise!

As a follow up I just wanted to let you know that I have just spent 3 days in Hong Kong walking to many places (Central, Admiralty, Wanchai, Causeway Bay, Tsimshatsui, among others). I took the MTR and the star ferry. I have not seen a single protestor nor a single policeman. It was very quiet and pleasant everywhere we went. I think we were very lucky because obviously I know that many unrest events occurred those last days in Kowloon. I am now in Bali for 4 days boarding the Muse on Friday. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

As a follow up I just wanted to let you know that I have just spent 3 days in Hong Kong walking to many places (Central, Admiralty, Wanchai, Causeway Bay, Tsimshatsui, among others). I took the MTR and the star ferry. I have not seen a single protestor nor a single policeman. It was very quiet and pleasant everywhere we went. I think we were very lucky because obviously I know that many unrest events occurred those last days in Kowloon. I am now in Bali for 4 days boarding the Muse on Friday. 

so was everything on sale?