Quantum of the Seas - Help with Shore Excursions

LOLAUST

Will be travelling with a party of 6 on Quantum of the Seas from Singapore to Hong Kong in February 2020 visiting the ports of Laem Chabang, Ho Chi Minh, Nha Trang and Chan May  . This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise and I am disappointed to note that they have increased the cost of shore excursions. We were about to book once we were 90 days out and able to do our online check in which is in a couple of days so not happy with the price increase which has gone from around $60+ to $80+ ! Has anyone done this cruise before and do you know if the cruise ship has any shuttle services to the towns so you can do your own thing? I believe that they generally don't advertise these until you are on board.

We're on the same cruise, there are quite a few people on the roll call. Also lots of good info about the individual ports on the Asia board.

We have booked one excursion through RCL, I booked in August when the prices suddenly went down on a lot of the excursions. Since then they have fluctuated regularly so worth keeping an eye on.

Not sure why you wanted to wait until 90 days to book excursions.  Once they appear, you can book them - no magic date as to when they will show up.  And if price goes down (maybe in 2 weeks) you can cancel and rebook.  Prices vary all over the place but if a tour is selling well the price will slowly rise as the cruise gets closer.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:27 AM, Biker19 said:

Ask your fellow travelers in the roll call thread.

Thanks for your response Biker19 - I have been monitoring my roll call however, most are like me - doing these ports for the first time so I cast the net wider. Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Cheers.

On 11/13/2019 at 5:12 AM, kernow said:

We're on the same cruise, there are quite a few people on the roll call. Also lots of good info about the individual ports on the Asia board.

We have booked one excursion through RCL, I booked in August when the prices suddenly went down on a lot of the excursions. Since then they have fluctuated regularly so worth keeping an eye on.

Thanks for feedback - I will definitely monitor and also explore other options. Here's to a good cruise!

On 11/13/2019 at 7:23 AM, LeeW said:

Not sure why you wanted to wait until 90 days to book excursions.  Once they appear, you can book them - no magic date as to when they will show up.  And if price goes down (maybe in 2 weeks) you can cancel and rebook.  Prices vary all over the place but if a tour is selling well the price will slowly rise as the cruise gets closer.

Thanks for feedback - I guess I waited as 90 days is when you can do online check-in so assumed bookings would be taken then - I certainly didn't expect cost to go up but this is my first RC cruise so learning that they do things differently.