Is the VP down again

charlesspinney

I have found an increasing number of sites that block access when routing through a VPN. For Cunard's VP, it gave me an error that the server was unable to complete the connection, but that went away when I turned off the VPN. 

Great news! The my.cunard/My.cruise is up and running.  There is lots not working yet but it only took once to log in.  None of my tier information in my world club is there.  My emergency contact information is not there yet as well.

It's real rough but there.

Same experience as @MarkBearSF. I tried to log in, but after three tries to load the next page it kicked me back to the old login page with a message saying "We're currently in the process of upgrading our pre-cruise website. In order to keep your personal details safe and secure, please enter them again. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Edited by Underwatr

Now I can get in. I have the new login, then the old login (with a red banner saying they're moving to My Cunard - I forget the wording), and then into the old VP.

For what it's worth, I'm in the US (Safari Browser). Another factor may be that I have a trip in just under 4 weeks. (Perhaps close-in bookings are kept in the VP during the transition?)

Carnival/Cunard must really be paying too little to attract competent web talent because the longstanding website bugs and limitations and now this shambles of a migration are what that I'd expect from a mom-and-pop store or a non-profit relying on volunteers, not a public company with the profile of Cunard. If I were an executive or IT member, I would be ashamed. It's simply unacceptable.

I am trying to print our tickets for our cruise in a few weeks, but all I get is 'unable to validate try again later.' Tried mine and my husbands login info but no luck.

Okay, just managed via a different browser, though the first newer Cunard page login sent me back to the old login page where I had to input cruise details again, but got there, and we are ready to go!

Edited by maz48

Just to provide a point of reference - our reservation is for 9 or 10 months from now, so I'm not anxiously checking the VP quite yet - I went to log in. I got the new site, was able to log in, was not transferred back to the old site, and could see the booked cruise along with most of my personal information, but no indication as to what cabin we have booked (we're in PG on deck 6). Also, it indicated I have no level in the World Club program (I'm Platinum) and indicated we were as yet unassigned a dining time in the Main Dining Room (that's the phrase it used, did not say "Britannia").

I'm assuming there are still a few imperfections in the migration to be dealt with.

Edited by ExArkie
Corrected a mistake

Interestingly enough, when I log into My Cunard (with the shortcoming of requiring re-entry of booking#) and enter a booking number, I go through a couple of redirects and re-logins to ultimately end up at the old VP.

Yet, when I enter the booking number for our May crossings, I wind up at the severely crippled new site.

...but the upcoming December trip (VP) got an email from them promoting My Cunard.

(From the US on Safari)