Is the VP down again

charlesspinney

I've been trying to log into my VP account for several days now and it says they are having technical issues.  Is there anyone else having the same problem?  It's getting close to the time for booking excursions for our upcoming Alaskan cruise and I need to be checking it daily. 

Yep - I logged in via my work PC - But got the following message

There appears to be a temporary issue when trying to process your request, please try again in a few minutes. If the problem continues, please call our customer contact centre on 03453 550 300

Clicking beyond this I did get in though through to excursions

Edited by rakkor
clarity

7 hours ago, charlesspinney said:

I've been trying to log into my VP account for several days now and it says they are having technical issues.  Is there anyone else having the same problem?  It's getting close to the time for booking excursions for our upcoming Alaskan cruise and I need to be checking it daily. 

I can't get into the VP. I'm also trying to log in each day to check for excursions for a mid-February voyage. The email I received a month ago did state that excursions wouldn't be available until the new system, 'My Cunard' was running and that they would email me when that was ready but time's passing and no further word from Cunard.

Has anyone else received such an email? either the announcement that it's coming or the one to say it has arrived?

7 hours ago, charlesspinney said:

Although, ultimately I've gotten through to the same old VP in the past day or few, but I've noticed a couple of differences until arriving there...
- One time, a day or two ago (but not most previously) I've been presented with a page to select US or UK.
 - I now have to turn off my ad blocker, to get past the login (to the approve conditions page) whereas I didn't need to previously

So, it seems that it's a work in progress - but if you have an ad/pop-up blocker, you may want to try disabling it.

Edited by MarkBearSF

Thanks to everyone for your quick response.  I got rid of all my cookies and was able to get into the site.  There was a P&O cruise page blocking the login.  It's great to hear that there will soon be a new site. RCCL's site and onboard app is so far ahead of Cunard. 

Glad it seems to be working again.  

I've had extraordinary trouble the last few days trying to log-in for an upcoming crossing.  I just kept persevering (which is time consuming) and eventually got through.  It seems those of you on the UK site had much better luck.  

• Like 1

They may monitor but they don't post. There is a new "My Cunard" on the way according to people who have cruises booked, if you need a response I have found them quite helpful via Twitter.

I haven't had any problems with the VP, but my cruise sails on Sunday and I'm based in the UK.

Not able to access from my home computer in the US using Safari.  I logged in (too much data needed!) and accepted the terms and conditions (for the umpteenth time) and then got an error message:

Service Unavailable - Zero size object

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #15.b0ad817.1573838080.2e294568

29 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Not able to access from my home computer in the US using Safari.  I logged in (too much data needed!) and accepted the terms and conditions (for the umpteenth time) and then got an error message:

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

If you have an ad blocker, try pausing it or whitelisting cunard.com.

It hadn't caused problems to me before, but it has started doing so recently. Including with that message. (On Safari)

6 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

I've just had that msg now, as I do from time to time. I find I just have to persist and keep trying to log in - I usually manage to log in within a couple of attempts.

Part of the annoyance of the VP for me is that recently it transfers me from the Australian Cunard site to the UK site during the log in attempt which is refused by the system as apparently they are geographically zoned and I don't have log-in credentials for the UK site. I then have to go through another log in attempt after the system transfers me back to the Aust. site. It's really clunky and a recent-ish problem (couple of months, I guess).

And then the wait for the My Cunard site...and the ability to book tours for my February cruises.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkBearSF said:

If you have an ad blocker, try pausing it or whitelisting cunard.com.

It hadn't caused problems to me before, but it has started doing so recently. Including with that message. (On Safari)

And now it's giving me that error message no matter what.

Cunard - great ships - crappy website.

Thanks again for all the help.

I  can get in every time now by clearing my cache.  The P&O site seems to be placing cookies into the "Policy Agreement" link. I've deleted all caches and saved a clean bookmark.   I'm not a techie but Cunard has forced me into the world of bits and bytes at this late stage of my life!!!!!!