MSC is Awesome value, but wow the complainers are thick🙃

NMsunset

Please pick another line, complain elsewhere...tilt at another windmill...

Monty Python lines could abound here...yet I digress

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choice and see life as beautiful.

Some people aren’t happy unless they’re complaining about something. To be sure, this is a disappointment regarding Ocean Cay, so I don’t blame some people for being irritated. But the fact is, no matter what the company does, some people will complain. If they did open the island before it was truly ready and anything went wrong, they’d say they should’ve waited, well now they’re waiting until December 5, and people are unhappy about that. Some people have said the company hasn’t been forthcoming with information and that they should make an announcement, well now they’ve made the announcement and people are complaining about THAT. It’s just ridiculous. Yes, enjoy your cruise and embrace positivity. That’s what vacations are supposed to be about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I would be pretty annoyed if Ocean Cay was cancelled for my cruise too - its been delayed...what..2 years!? I do feel bad for those that will be missing out this month and I sympathize with them when they vent about it. With that said every seasoned cruiser knows (or should!) that every port is not guaranteed. It still sucks though when it happens. We all need to be kinder to each other here on the boards too.

And talking about MSC being a great value - 100% it is - at least in our case! For around $4000 my family of 4 has sailed in the yacht club this year and next year - try getting anything close to that on another line. It doesn't exist!! BUT with that said - once the price goes up (I'm sure it will) I will not be loyal to MSC anymore - it comes down to whoever offers my family the best price/value.

MSC is still a baby in the cruising industry and are still going through growing pains. I'm ok with that. Constructive criticism is also ok- supposibly the cruiseline does read these boards. And for those that aren't happy with MSC - there are many other cruising options out there that are great and may suit your needs better - that's whats great about the cruising industry!

Edited by floridian1

1 hour ago, NMsunset said:

Please pick another line, complain elsewhere...tilt at another windmill...

Monty Python lines could abound here...yet I digress

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choice and see life as beautiful.

Apparently the main themes on the MSC threads are all about “Whine and Dine”.

You would think a visit to Ocean Cay is “the be all end all“.  I suppose when you compare it to the alternative then OC has a certain appeal.  At any rate I am sure MSC will get OC up and running shortly...better late than screwed up!  I seriously doubt that MSC is enjoying the delay along with the generous compensation they are handing out.  I do find a lot of agonizing over a day at the beach to be a tad overblown.  Indeed, “ Enjoy the cruise and see life as beautiful”.