Sun Hair Dryer

QuickieGlenn

Some cabins have a “real” hair dryer tucked into a drawer.  Of my four recent cabins (1 OV and 3 balcony, all in last 2 months) on Sun, one cabin had a hair dryer in a drawer. 

Perhaps the cabin stewards could have provided dryers  in other cabins had we asked, but we had no need.

Bringing your own should be no problem.  There is an outlet and good lighting at the desk/vanity.

Edited by Starry Eyes

The old hair dryers are still on the wall in the bathroom but modern hair dryers are in drawer or cupboard in main stateroom area.   Your question reminded me of this Youtube video by The Summit Push ... see hair dryer sequence starting at 9:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8uDxr0xHtE

Edited by kjquilts

1 minute ago, kjquilts said:

The old hair dryers are still on the wall in the bathroom but modern hair dryers are in drawer or cupboard in main stateroom area.   Your question reminded me of this Youtube video by The Summit Push ... see hair dryer sequence starting at 9:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8uDxr0xHtE

Based on posts like yours precruise, I fully expected to find hair dryers in each of my cabins on arrival.  Only one of four had the dryer.  I was surprised, so I did look carefully in all drawers, cupboards, shelves, cubbies, etc. Not all cabin have them automatically....I was assigned three effortlessly!  

17 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Some cabins have a “real” hair dryer tucked into a drawer.  Of my four recent cabins (1 OV and 3 balcony, all in last 2 months) on Sun, one cabin had a hair dryer in a drawer. 

Perhaps the cabin stewards could have provided dryers  in other cabins had we asked, but we had no need.

Bringing your own should be no problem.  There is an outlet and good lighting at the desk/vanity.

Are you sure you have the correct ship?

We were on the Sun last year Sept and no, there is no hand hair dryer in the cabin, only the box and vacuum hose in the bathroom. I brought my own hair dryer.

9 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Based on posts like yours precruise, I fully expected to find hair dryers in each of my cabins on arrival.  Only one of four had the dryer.  I was surprised, so I did look carefully in all drawers, cupboards, shelves, cubbies, etc. Not all cabin have them automatically....I was assigned three effortlessly!  

I was composing my post while you were posting yours or my wording would have been different.  I "assumed" from the video that the new style hair dryers were automatically included so it is good to know you can request one if it isn't in your stateroom.  Will be interesting to see if we have one when we board the Sun May 21, 2020. 

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Are you sure you have the correct ship?

We were on the Sun last year Sept and no, there is no hand hair dryer in the cabin, only the box and vacuum hose in the bathroom. I brought my own hair dryer.

Hehe, yes, I’m sure I was on the Sun.  B2b in October (7+5) and another b2b this month(5+5).  I know the name of the ship😉

In addition to the wall mounted dryer, some cabins have a modern, corded hairdryer in a drawers.  Yours, like some of mine, did not.

2 hours ago, kjquilts said:

I was composing my post while you were posting yours or my wording would have been different.  I "assumed" from the video that the new style hair dryers were automatically included so it is good to know you can request one if it isn't in your stateroom.  Will be interesting to see if we have one when we board the Sun May 21, 2020. 

Please re-read my post, as I do not wish to mis lead you.  I do know the stewards can or cannot acquire a hair dryer if you request one.  I never asked.

Though I did not need one, I expected a dryer in a drawer based on CruiseCritic reports, so I noted the absence in the first cabin.  Thereafter, I looked for it in each cabin out of curiosity (and to provide the info here on CC if needed)