Internet service on Anthem of the Seas?

bjlaac

• Clarea changed the title to Internet service on Anthem of the Seas?

I was on Anthem in August.  Speed for the Surf+Stream package is decent enough to use YouTube and wifi calling.  Decent enough but of course throttled so important backend services aren't compromised (payment processing, data communication with on shore servers, etc.).  

36 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Does anyone go on a cruise without playing with their device 24/7 anymore?

It seems as if the app is being more and more integrated with the cruise experience with such features as:

-Check daily planner and view personal calendar

-Book services (spa, excursions, etc)

-Open stateroom door

-View folio

-Communicate with other passengers

Of course not all features are available on all ships but it's trending that way.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:41 PM, njkruzer said:

In October used the free wifi I get as D+.  Worked fine enough that I could work on my laptop.

Does the free wifi work everywhere on the ship or only in certain places? I'm wondering whether we can use with a messaging app like Line or WhatsApp to keep in touch with family members when we're not all together. Other option is old school walkie talkies!

15 minutes ago, jdub0319 said:

Does the free wifi work everywhere on the ship or only in certain places? I'm wondering whether we can use with a messaging app like Line or WhatsApp to keep in touch with family members when we're not all together. Other option is old school walkie talkies!

Free wifi should work everywhere.  I used it in the cabin.  Have walkie talkies but haven't used them in a while. They don't always work because of distance and metal structure.

22 minutes ago, jdub0319 said:

Walkie talkies will not be reliable when separated by a few decks.  WiFi should work in all guest areas.

14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Free wifi should work everywhere.  I used it in the cabin.  Have walkie talkies but haven't used them in a while. They don't always work because of distance and metal structure.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Walkie talkies will not be reliable when separated by a few decks.  WiFi should work in all guest areas.

Thanks so much for your quick replies! 👍