Quick NCL insurance question

jaja

I wish NCL would fix the search application😵..I really tried to look it up..

I booked yesterday..and paid in full...insurance was added..but I probably don't want...can I cancel it? I recall that is an option.

AND does anyone know offhand..if the standard policy covers pre existing conditions...I can't remember and can't  find it in the policy info online.

Trying to save a long wait on the phone to get the answers 😉

Thanks so much..

1 hour ago, jaja said:

I wish NCL would fix the search application😵..I really tried to look it up..

I booked yesterday..and paid in full...insurance was added..but I probably don't want...can I cancel it? I recall that is an option.

AND does anyone know offhand..if the standard policy covers pre existing conditions...I can't remember and can't  find it in the policy info online.

Trying to save a long wait on the phone to get the answers 😉

Thanks so much..

I can't say whether you can still cancel it, but it's best to look for the policy definitions, exclusions. terms and conditions  on the NCL website, not here. Go to ncl.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. you'll see a link for Booksafe Travel Protection. Click on that and at the bottom of the web page you'll find  "Description of Coverage". In that section you'll see the following: "The benefits provided in this program are subject to certain restrictions and exclusions including the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion." 

If you want the exact policy wording for your state there are also links for the Standard Plan and the Platinum Plan . Click on them for precise policy language, but the short answer is that pre-existing conditions are excluded, as stated  above.

Most policies have a cancellation window, which varies according to policy.  Do you have the policy description?  It should say there how long you have to cancel.   As far as pre-existing conditions, again, READ YOUR POLICY.  Usually if you buy it when you book then they are covered, but every policy is different.

There is a wonderful travel insurance forum here on CC, worth having a look.  And make sure you know what a pre-existing condition is.  In most cases if you have a medical condition that’s controlled and there have been no changes, especially no med changes, within the “look back period” it may NOT be considered pre-existing.  But there are a OT of things to be sure of before you make a final decision.

Thank you both !!!   I  always book via a 3rd party...but when I booked yesterday..somehow managed to add insurance !!  

I finally was able to discern (after I posted)..the NCL policy was not for me..and just managed to call CAS and get them to cancel it !!! (only hitch..have to wait for it to go back on my CC !)    Now I can safely go and book a better policy..😄

Again..thanks so much.  I usually am much more efficient than this...could not believe I had made the error.  😲

TAs and cruise lines make it hard NOT to buy travel insurance from them, the same way that when you rent a car the agents do everything in their power to sell you their CDW insurance.  When I booked through one TA, he had to UNCHECK insurance on every single page; had he missed one it would have charged me.  And when I was asking about cancellation policies and refunds, he made it sound like I could cancel within days of sailing and get 100% of my fare back....I had to ask some majorly pointed questions before I could pin him down to the truth, which was OF COURSE you had to be submitting a legit claim under the terms of the policy - it wasn’t like “you buy the policy and my agency will give you a cash refund for any/no reason” - which was how he was pitching it.

Good for you for catching the insurance, reading what it offered, and deciding to shop around.  Just don’t wait too long, if you do have a pre-existing condition according to each policy’s definition, there is a short time window to buy the policy before it is excluded.

Also look at evacuation and medical insurance coverage...may or may not be of concern to you.  Worth serious consideration whether or not whatever policy you buy has sufficient coverage for your personal needs.

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

Good for you for catching the insurance, reading what it offered, and deciding to shop around.  Just don’t wait too long, if you do have a pre-existing condition according to each policy’s definition, there is a short time window to buy the policy before it is excluded.

Also look at evacuation and medical insurance coverage...may or may not be of concern to you.  Worth serious consideration whether or not whatever policy you buy has sufficient coverage for your personal needs.

Way ahead of you 😁  Already researched...where I usually buy online...insuremy****....etc   and narrowed it down to two...will book tomorrow...well within time for waiver. And yes--it is the medical I am most interested in.  PS- Better policy and cheaper !!!