Vision 10/11 night itineraries

Dan83

I’ve got my eye on an 11 night Vision sailing in 2021. Central America, Aruba, and Curaçao.  Can anyone share their experience with the Costa Rica, Panama, and Columbia ports? Also we’ve never sailed anything longer than 7 days. I’m guessing it will be an older crowd and less families with younger kids.  Would we feel out of place bringing our kids?  In 2 years time, we will be eager to see some different places other than the same old Caribbean ports. Everything we have booked through spring 2021 has the western and eastern Caribbean covered fairly well. This Vision itinerary would be all new ports for us. 

There's also a review of a Canal cruise by Twangster that includes some of those ports that i read recently before we booked an 11 day for January 2021.  Looks good and lots of pictures.   And yes, fewer kids.  I guess we fit into the "older" crowd!  

• Like 1

I looked at this itinerary.  I also looked at a similar one on X that is 12 nights.  The X was less expensive to begin with.  Then they recently ran the kids sale free promo and it was a no brainer to book X over RCI.  Just some food for thought.

My kids will be 10 and 13 when we go.  Like you, the ports will be new for us but there seems to be a lot of fun and interesting things for the kids to do.  

I've booked one of the 11 night Vision cruises. 

Cartagena was an awesome port and I look forward to going back.  I'll probably just go to the old walled city for the day this time.  On the Vision Panama Canal cruise I just did our port in Costa Rica was on the Pacific side so Puerto Limon will be new for me.  I enjoyed Puntarenas on the Pacific so I'm eager to explore Puerto Limon on the Caribbean Sea side.  

Colón it is relatively close to the Gatun Locks of the Panama Canal so I might do an excursion that involves the Panama Canal.  

I've got an overnight in Aruba on my next Vision itinerary and there is some nightlife close to the cruise pier that should be fun.  I'll be on a beach for sunset then hanging out somewhere at night.  

Skip through this to the ports that interest you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2707779-🎵panama-🎵-vision-of-the-seas-oct-30-2019/

• Like 1