Difficult website to use!!

onthebalcony

What has Celebrity done to their website???  It is so hard to use now.  When looking at tours, the screen skips around and it takes forever to view all the tours in each port.  Never had this problem in May!!!   You have made it worse rather than better!!!

• Like 2

One would hope it would improve, but that is obviously not going to happen.  With all the different types of bookings/perks etc...it makes it even more difficult.  For one of my cruises in 2021, the difference between refundable and NRD is only a few hundred dollars, rather than 800, as it was showing yesterday.

I have noticed the same thing. It seems they've changed the website to look more like the royal caribbean website, but I liked the old Celebrity version better. I've found with excursions I have to wait for it to load and then filter by day in order to see individual port options.

I used to browse it frequently checking availability, pricing inc flights etc but now never look at it since they screwed it up a few weeks back. Unless they get it back to previous functionality (and even that was suspect) I am unlikely to book again as I have no intention of doing it by phone, holidays on the horizon are traditional land based!

• Like 1

I am trying to do a price comparison of an on board booking I made on my last trip. Can't see how I can choose th cabin grade eg 2C 2B etc to check if I have a price drop. If anyone knows how to pick a specific grade without the colour coding we had on the old system please can you share.

8 hours ago, sft429 said:

I've been trying to check in for a cruise in Feb since Sunday both on my laptop and using the app.  No luck...  App says check-in paused and website just gives me a blank page.

Problem solved.  I was trying to check-in for the second half of a B2B.  No need to do that and the software won't let you anyway.

14 hours ago, madmedic said:

I am trying to do a price comparison of an on board booking I made on my last trip. Can't see how I can choose th cabin grade eg 2C 2B etc to check if I have a price drop. If anyone knows how to pick a specific grade without the colour coding we had on the old system please can you share.

It's a bit of a blind, but I use another website to check availability. Can't give the name but if you scan the seas you'll find it. I then check pricing using an available cabin number in the specific category of interest on the celebrity site. 

I booked a new cruise 2 days ago and had an interesting IT incident. I went in to edit my info in the reservation yesterday and lo and behold, I was 9 years younger!  it had a whole new birthday for me (month, day and year) and wouldn't let me change it on the reservation. The reservation froze and wouldn't let me do anything to it after I tried to correct my birthday. All my other reservations and my profile all had the correct birthday.

I called Captain's Club and spoke with Janet - I gave her my name and CC number and said "First, I want to thank you for making me 9 years younger today!" She laughed when I told her my story and she went in and found the incorrect info and changed it for me, but couldn't explain it. Someone else posted about finding someone else's name and info under their X account. Something strange is going on...