Anyone use the new "Priority Access" yet?

danak13

Just now, miataman19 said:

I did get the Priority Access for my January Escape sailing. The Haven and other high loyalty folks should get on before someone that purchased a perk IMHO. Still peeved at NCL for not recognizing my sailings prior to 1995. I'd be a Platinum for this sailing. Oh well I'm still on the ship having a ball 😀🍸🙃

Sorry you lost prior sailing credit but happy to hear you are have a great time!

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

vs the Haven who paid thousands more.  That will go over big.

Totally agree and if it were me, I'd likely be contacting someone at NCL to voice my opinion.. in a nice way of course. I'm Platinum and I don't have a problem waiting my turn, however, allowing those who've paid just $179 to board prior to Haven guests... IMO, it's just wrong. 

I remember a few years ago NCL tried something similar to this. It was called VIP and guests were offered photo packages, free water etc. It didn't last very long due to the uproar it caused.  I guess this PA will last a bit longer if all goes well. 

Just now, All-ready2cruise said:

Totally agree and if it were me, I'd likely be contacting someone at NCL to voice my opinion.. in a nice way of course. I'm Platinum and I don't have a problem waiting my turn, however, allowing those who've paid just $179 to board prior to Haven guests... IMO, it's just wrong. 

I remember a few years ago NCL tried something similar to this. It was called VIP and guests were offered photo packages, free water etc. It didn't last very long due to the uproar it caused.  I guess this PA will last a bit longer if all goes well. 

I remember that too now that you mentioned it..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Thank goodness, so I'm not losing my mind, lol.  I think the cost was $99 and anyone could purchase it. I seem to remember it offered a lot more than this PA.  Oh well, we shall see...

I don't mind people paying extra for priority access I just don't like the fact that for less than $200 they will have perks before Haven, suites and loyalty.  It may have been a "mistake" made by NCL in the case of the previous poster...now if it happens all of the time then there will be a lot of calls to NCL

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, yankees111 said:

I couldn’t  fathom paying $179 extra to board a cruise ship 15 minutes earlier then a non suite guest.

I would normally agree, but my one time out of NYC was a looooong wait. My other cruises weren’t bad, 30-40 minutes perhaps.... but nyc was like 2.5 hrs. Was 11 years ago, for all I know there were 3 ships in port, I dunno. For me, I’ll eat the 179, unless others can testify that NYC is USUALLY  on par with other terminals, ie average embarking times (I realize problems can always arise causing waits, and I believe my ship is the only one in port that day).

I'm still thinking about getting this. Only useful for me in embark IF you can get the vibe pass because of this. On ports: they will wait for you to get to your excursion so no use, on disembark, well I go to hotel so later the better.

But still waiting for real world experience on this! and still waiving between no and yes on vibe.

22 minutes ago, FinMaky said:

I'm still thinking about getting this. Only useful for me in embark IF you can get the vibe pass because of this. On ports: they will wait for you to get to your excursion so no use, on disembark, well I go to hotel so later the better.

But still waiting for real world experience on this! and still waiving between no and yes on vibe.

This was the sole reason I purchased it. I embark next Friday, and will update and let you know if it helps with getting Vibe passes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, calizona said:

Just boarded the Getaway in NOLA boarding was as follows. 

Special Needs

Haven

Plat&Plat Plus

Priority Access

CAS

Everyone else by group number. 

IMG_20191208_092410.jpg

Thank you for the description and photo!! This helps tremendously! I board Friday!!

9 minutes ago, calizona said:

Just boarded the Getaway in NOLA boarding was as follows. 

Special Needs

Haven

Plat&Plat Plus

Priority Access

CAS

Everyone else by group number. 

IMG_20191208_092410.jpg

Thanks for coming back with this info, it is as I suspected it would be or close to it. The more important questions for others who've purchased the PA is, "how did it work for  you?" are you happy with the experience? 

Since I started this thread, I wanted to make sure that I came back and reported how the Priority Access went for me.  Boarded the Breakaway in Port Canaveral last Saturday.  

We got everything that was promised.  Designated line at check in; we were the only ones in it.  Checked in within three minutes.  We literally sat for less than five minutes before they called us (this was around 10:30-10:45ish).  Not sure if Haven already got on as I did not hear them called, but we were called before anyone else on the loud speaker.  Boarded with anyone with disabilities/wheelchairs.  The staff on board said we were the first ones they saw board the ship that day. 

We had a letter in our stateroom with all of the benefits on the first day.  

Got our canapes on Day 2 (nothing exciting but they remembered)

Got another letter in our stateroom about Priority Tendering.  They had a conference room set up for us to wait in if we chose to be on the first tender.  After the process started, we could go down whenever and get on the first available tender. 

Had room service (hot food included) for breakfast three days and was never charged. 

They left luggage tags in our room without us asking for priority disembarkation.  We chose to walk off with our luggage but had we used the tags, we had the 8AM time slot.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, danak13 said:

Since I started this thread, I wanted to make sure that I came back and reported how the Priority Access went for me.  Boarded the Breakaway in Port Canaveral last Saturday.  

We got everything that was promised.  Designated line at check in; we were the only ones in it.  Checked in within three minutes.  We literally sat for less than five minutes before they called us (this was around 10:30-10:45ish).  Not sure if Haven already got on as I did not hear them called, but we were called before anyone else on the loud speaker.  Boarded with anyone with disabilities/wheelchairs.  The staff on board said we were the first ones they saw board the ship that day. 

Got another letter in our stateroom about Priority Tendering.  They had a conference room set up for us to wait in if we chose to be on the first tender.  After the process started, we could go down whenever and get on the first available tender. 

Had room service (hot food included) for breakfast three days and was never charged. 

They left luggage tags in our room without us asking for priority disembarkation.  We chose to walk off with our luggage but had we used the tags, we had the 8AM time slot.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for coming back and keeping us posted. Hope you had a good cruise.

21 minutes ago, danak13 said:

Hope this helps! 

Great news! Glad to hear they're working out some of the issues initially mentioned.  

Crossing my fingers that it goes this smoothly when I board on Friday!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, danak13 said:

Hope this helps! 

Thank you for coming back and reporting.  Glad to read that all went smoothly for you!  DW is thinking we should do this in February (out of Manhattan on the Bliss).  I’m on the fence...

2 hours ago, danak13 said:

Hope this helps! 

Haven guests are not called, they are in  a private location. When it's time to board they follow a butler to a private elevator and are brought directly to the Haven.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, danak13 said:

Thanks for posting, was the hot breakfast options only the 3 omelettes on the door menu or could you order breakfast off of the full room service menu?

15 hours ago, hbe30 said:

Haven guests are not called, they are in  a private location. When it's time to board they follow a butler to a private elevator and are brought directly to the Haven.

True about Haven guests but now I am curious about the no haven suites and of course Platinum Plus...

On 12/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, Kwakwa630 said:

This was the sole reason I purchased it. I embark next Friday, and will update and let you know if it helps with getting Vibe passes.

Not interested in Vibe but did purchase to get a spot at the Wine dinner with

Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson. 

• Like 1