Using O air for one way flight.

SandyR5

We will be on Insignia next summer. Cruise starts in NY...where we live. We will be flying home from Reykjavík.  One way air is crazy expensive. We did NOT take the O air and received the credit, but if we purchase our one way air from O now, the price is much better than Iceland airs website. Has anyone used their air?  There are 2 nonstops to JFK. I would assume they’ll put us on one of them. Should we do it?  Opinions please. 

Check with O  what the cost will be to buy the one way air  now

If you want a specific airline/flight  you may have to pay the deviation fee to get it

Check what other airlines fly from KEF to NYC  you could get one of those   there is no GTY it will be a Non stop

JMO

In April 2015 we did a cruise from Lima to NYC, so we only used one-way fare ...  BUT we booked our own, did not use O's air.

I don't see the price now but we used AA for business class and didn't feel we were stiffed.  If we'd felt that way, we would have done something else!  I do recall that I checked out some South American airlines but in the end we felt that AA was a better bet.

Mura

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Check with O  what the cost will be to buy the one way air  now

If you want a specific airline/flight  you may have to pay the deviation fee to get it

Check what other airlines fly from KEF to NYC  you could get one of those   there is no GTY it will be a Non stop

JMO

If we add the air deviation to O’s price, it’s more than Iceland air to begin with. The only other airline is KLM/Delta, but the time of their 1 flight doesn’t work.  I guess what I’m looking for are comments from people who have used O air and were either satisfied with what they provided or enraged!  

2 minutes ago, SandyR5 said:

O is charging $400. Iceland air direct $496. That’s the cost with 1 checked bag. 

Now you can compare

so if you want to be sure you get  Icelandair nonstop  pay the deviation fee $175 pp 

Or just book with Icelandair 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Did roundtrip London cruise past August but spent time first on continent so booked own fare to Budapest.  Was concerned about flight home from London but 1 way fare was outrageous so took chance with much cheaper O 1 way fare.  Couldn't have been more pleased-booked us on Virgin Atlantic/Delta with best possible connection and was significantly cheaper (even with $99 extra for our home city).  Only problem was could not book seats until they issued ticket which is only 60 days beforehand though we still were able to secure good seats.