Beach Bar in St Kitts

schenectadycruiser

That is old news from several years ago. The plans for the development were real but they could not get all of the land that they wanted. They wanted to acquire land that would block access to the beach and by law in St Kitts, all beaches must be accessible to the public. Long story short is that Shipwreck is open!

On 11/24/2019 at 1:20 AM, schenectadycruiser said:

My daughter and I would like to go to a beach bar in St Kitts.  All we need is a chair with an umbrella, a nice beach, some good drinks, and some food.  Sounds like heaven to me.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  We sail in February with Carnival.

All  Beach Bars are frequented by T'erds, so go to the Marriott for a day pass.  

Follow the TTE protocol and do not, repeat not, say you're off a Carnival ship.  Select another ship in Port.

On 11/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

All  Beach Bars are frequented by T'erds, so go to the Marriott for a day pass.  

Follow the TTE protocol and do not, repeat not, say you're off a Carnival ship.  Select another ship in Port.

Port Royal: Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is TTE?  And does that apply to anywhere in St. Kitts? I think Carnival is the only ship in port for our cruise...should I be worried?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, bmar808 said:

Port Royal: Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is TTE?  And does that apply to anywhere in St. Kitts? I think Carnival is the only ship in port for our cruise...should I be worried?

Thank you!

Here is TTE's definitive protocol for the Marriott.

I've have never made reservations once on our visits to the Marriott, when are you going?? Between now and Christmas you won't need anything but a smile and a credit card for your $35.00(Please don't pay the booking fee.) day pass at the St. Kitts Marriott. 

It's this simple, when your taxi drops you off in front of the Marriott, you walk directly towards the concierge desk to your left with a big smile, credit card in hand, they're going to ask you what ship you are on, IF you happen to be cruising on a Carnival Cruise Ship, lie😄 and tell them your cruising on either a Princess, Royal Caribbean or even Holland America if you have too, hand them your credit card when she hands you your receipt walk over to the elevator get in it and hit THE BEACH button, walk out and go have a great day! 

First thing's first, go back to the bar order a good bloody mary and get a tab started, yep break out that credit card again. 😁

You'll figure out the rest.

If you have 4-5 people in your group I would not only consider a day room, I would do a day room same price altogether you get a nice room for the day to keep your stuff and go and get out of the sun for a few it's nice, only way to go 4 or more. 

Have fun!!

..........Suggest you Google a Condo near the port and make this your staying point

13 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Is there a particular reason for not saying you're on a Carnival ship, but Princess, or HAL are ok?

And what is so bad about the beaches along the Strip in South Frigate?

1. Particular Reason: If you wish have the opportunity to purchase a day pass

2. Not suggesting there is anything bad about the beaches of South Frigate or South Friars.

Understand.  Still, to bmar808's question, if Carnival is only ship in port, and you say "Carnival XXXX", will they not let you in under TTE's protocol?

2. You said "all beach bars are frequented by  T'erds." Is that a derogatory on the beach or the people/T'erds?

14 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Understand.  Still, to bmar808's question, if Carnival is only ship in port, and you say "Carnival XXXX", will they not let you in under TTE's protocol?

2. You said "all beach bars are frequented by  T'erds." Is that a derogatory on the beach or the people/T'erds?

1.  It's your choice, and your choice alone, to make the decision if, or not, to declare you're from a Carnival ship, and then to fully accept the decision of the Marriott to allow, or not allow, entry.   I believe TTE's protocol is honest and has merit, otherwise this noted experienced cruiser would not have posted same.

2.  As posted many times on this board, T'erds is my Bajan friends combination of two descriptive nouns, with the detailed definitions of the two nouns also receiving multiple posts.

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

1.  It's your choice, and your choice alone, to make the decision if, or not, to declare you're from a Carnival ship, and then to fully accept the decision of the Marriott to allow, or not allow, entry.   I believe TTE's protocol is honest and has merit, otherwise this noted experienced cruiser would not have posted same.

2.  As posted many times on this board, T'erds is my Bajan friends combination of two descriptive nouns, with the detailed definitions of the two nouns also receiving multiple posts.

Thanks again.

Not following multiple posts, but if you don't wish to detail again, that's fine.  Always looking for some new words in the lexicon.

And I agree TTE's protocol is sound.  Would have worked for us the last time we were in St. Kitts, as the Allure of the Seas was also there.  We did Shipwreck instead.

T'erds is a word constructed by my Bajan friends, being a combination of two words

Towels and Herds.  The T from Towels and 'erds from Herds to describe some tourists. 

TOWELS:

Arrive by the cheapest means; deliberately take the most annoying spot on the beach to spoil a view of paying clients; spread the ship's Towles; constantly repeat the mantra "beaches are free" like a demented parrot; do not spend anything at the resort; bring food and drink browsed from the ship's buffet, all wrapped in a ship's napkin; bury their picnic debris in the sand; use the sea, beach and all the venue's facilities for free; if there is charge for toilets, decline and use the sea; return to the ship by the cheapest means. 

Then when back in the Ship boast they spent the day at Carambola (Kim Sha et al) taking lunch and drinks there.

HERDS:

Arrive loudly en masse; stay loudly; have shouting conversations on their mobiles, or with other herd members, albeit 2 feet or 20 yards way; bring coolers full of Supermarket bought beer and food, then demand ice for free; bring boom boxes and play on highest volume; sometimes pay for beds but insist a colony of friends is created; complain about the price of venue's food as the reason for buying a single slice of pizza.  

Seek to use Hotel or Beach facilities for free, failing that, turn the sea into a Urinal (aka going for a swim)

Abuse or ridicule other guests, and members of the venue's staff, solely for the group's amusement.

Basically, it's a group who knowingly do everything possible to spoil the genteel ambience of the venue, and to annoy as many people as it is physically possible. 

Then leave loudly en masse.

Other items of annoyance can be added to each of the above definitions as required.

• Like 4

I have actually seen people bring their own snacks, soda, beer and liquor etc that they have purchased to a beach bar and used the beach chairs that were free if ordering food. 

I have also seen people arrive by taxi "A" and leave by using taxi "B" thereby stiffing taxi "A" the fare.

5 hours ago, paul58 said:

I have actually seen people bring their own snacks, soda, beer and liquor etc that they have purchased to a beach bar and used the beach chairs that were free if ordering food. 

I have also seen people arrive by taxi "A" and leave by using taxi "B" thereby stiffing taxi "A" the fare.

Let's conjour a collective noun for those pieces of human detritus who deliberately avoid  legitimate payments to the people of the Islands.  Then the noun and it's definition can be added to the current T'erds listings.    Suggestions please.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:48 PM, paul58 said:

Definitely learning so much here...Couple of questions though:

How is return set up?  What if you don't know when you want to return?  Would it be smart/feasible to pay one way and locate a 'random' return taxi?  FWIW, I think we have narrowed it down to Shipwreck, with the Marriott as Plan B.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:17 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Let's conjour a collective noun for those pieces of human detritus who deliberately avoid  legitimate payments to the people of the Islands.  Then the noun and it's definition can be added to the current T'erds listings.    Suggestions please.

My apologies, I have no suggestions as I am still trying to wrap my head around this messed up thought process.  Ugh.

Edited by bmar808
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Carambola Beach Club last January and paid $10.00 for chair and umbrella.  Had a great time.  Weather was not great but the club is very nice.  Taxi from port was not expensive.  Made arrangements with driver who picked us up around 3:30 to go back to our ship.

• 4 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 11:36 AM, bmar808 said:

Definitely learning so much here...Couple of questions though:

How is return set up?  What if you don't know when you want to return?  Would it be smart/feasible to pay one way and locate a 'random' return taxi?  FWIW, I think we have narrowed it down to Shipwreck, with the Marriott as Plan B.

My apologies, I have no suggestions as I am still trying to wrap my head around this messed up thought process.  Ugh.

I just found this post. 

What messed up thought process?

I find his thought process rather genius. 

Later Todd

On 12/1/2019 at 8:15 AM, crewsweeper said:

Is there a particular reason for not saying you're on a Carnival ship, but Princess, or HAL are ok?

And what is so bad about the beaches along the Strip in South Frigate?

The "beaches" as you put it "along the Strip in South Frigate" on the south west side of the island ARE NOT BEACHES. 

Good grief I can't keep going through this. South Frigate Bay is a great way to ruin and waste your day on St. Kitts an otherwise GREAT Island. 

25 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Hubbs and I decided to do the excursion thru Carnival that rents a beach "cabana".  Hubbs is a red head and burns EASILY.  Figured we would just order drinks/snacks there and kick back...

baf

You'll enjoy the Marriott.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 12:19 PM, TTEllis said:

I just found this post. 

What messed up thought process?

I find his thought process rather genius. 

Later Todd

The messed up urocess of people deliberately avoiding payment (see below).

On 12/3/2019 at 1:17 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

23 minutes ago, bmar808 said:

The messed up urocess of people deliberately avoiding payment (see below).

I'll buy that, PORT ROYALS theorem on T'erds is spot on, eliminates any misunderstanding. I have a special admiration for that type of attitude...... I wish I had it. Thanks Todd