Bring on on Soda and Water

Simm0nS777

12 hours ago, Simm0nS777 said:

Does MSC allow bringing on your own soda or water? I know many cruise lines allow to bring a certain amount and others say they don’t but end up delivering it to the room anyway. Wouldn’t mind having some bottled water in our room. 

Thanks!

You can bring your own sport bottles and fill them using the glasses in the buffet. MSC says NO to your own food and drinks

14 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Really? because they seem to care when boarding the Divina in Miami last year. 

OK,there is a second answer: Every port and every staff is different :)

We never had anyone interested in a bottle of water in the lugguage, but we also brought never more than one. 

1 minute ago, perakcruiser said:

OK,there is a second answer: Every port and every staff is different 🙂

We never had anyone interested in a bottle of water in the lugguage, but we also brought never more than one. 

I tend to think that people from US are asking because they bring a case of 24 bottles as I have seen in ports for other cruise lines

• Like 1

What I found strange was that in Barcelona when you return to the ship ( Grandiosa )

on entering the terminal you have to put your bags etc through the usual x-ray machine but after that, you go through a duty free area before boarding the ship with lots of different alcohol brands & other drinks that you can pay for and just after showing your ships card to security there is a table for the really honest to hand in their bottles just bought but if its not obvious nobody is going to look at your bags again. So it seems  there is a way to bring drink on board .

On 11/24/2019 at 3:46 PM, Simm0nS777 said:

Does MSC allow bringing on your own soda or water? I know many cruise lines allow to bring a certain amount and others say they don’t but end up delivering it to the room anyway. Wouldn’t mind having some bottled water in our room. 

Thanks!

You are not allowed to bring own your own bottled water or soda.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:32 PM, number5 said:

What I found strange was that in Barcelona when you return to the ship ( Grandiosa )

on entering the terminal you have to put your bags etc through the usual x-ray machine but after that, you go through a duty free area before boarding the ship with lots of different alcohol brands & other drinks that you can pay for and just after showing your ships card to security there is a table for the really honest to hand in their bottles just bought but if its not obvious nobody is going to look at your bags again. So it seems  there is a way to bring drink on board .

Have you bought any alcohol there? I don't know this but is it possible that they only sell it to people with tickets for a ferry going to a destination outside the EU? Maybe Tunisia or Algeria? 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:32 PM, number5 said:

When I boarded the NCL Spirit last year in Barcelona, they had an x-ray machine as you boarded to check your bags for bottles.