Port Canaveral to Daytona Speedway & back - advice?

plum24

Hi, wise cruisers!

I searched the boards and couldn't find the info I was looking for, and appreciate your help in advance.

We dock at Port Canaveral at 1 pm on a Sunday; have a tour booked (on our own) at the Daytona Speedway at 2:30. We don't want to rent a car because we really need to get off the ship and hit the road; it can take forever to get the rental car and be on our way. I've been getting sky-high quotes from different companies ($360 round trip) but then found that I can book a car via Mears as a 'charter' for 4 hours @ $200 all in. Driver waits for us while we tour and then takes us back. There are four of us, and we plan to be standing at the ship's door super early to sprint off and hop in the car. Can anyone tell me if there's a better option that I'm missing? 

(And yes, I would've booked a later tour if I could, but 2:30 is the one I could get)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, plum24 said:

Hi, wise cruisers!

I searched the boards and couldn't find the info I was looking for, and appreciate your help in advance.

We dock at Port Canaveral at 1 pm on a Sunday; have a tour booked (on our own) at the Daytona Speedway at 2:30. We don't want to rent a car because we really need to get off the ship and hit the road; it can take forever to get the rental car and be on our way. I've been getting sky-high quotes from different companies ($360 round trip) but then found that I can book a car via Mears as a 'charter' for 4 hours @ $200 all in. Driver waits for us while we tour and then takes us back. There are four of us, and we plan to be standing at the ship's door super early to sprint off and hop in the car. Can anyone tell me if there's a better option that I'm missing? 

(And yes, I would've booked a later tour if I could, but 2:30 is the one I could get)

Thanks!

What ever transportation you decide to use, make sure it’s there waiting for you. Daytona is 75 miles north of  PC,  a little over an hour away, so you don’t have much wiggle room for any minor delays, such as a delay in the debarking procedures. Enjoy Daytona, have been there many times, wonderful place for racing fans