WiFi at Grand Turk & Amber Cove

Ace5614

In Grand Turk, I'd say your best shots are at Margaritaville or Jack's Shack. I don't use wifi in port, so I'm not sure, but usually popular bars like those have it. Amber Cove is a fairly isolated port complex, open only to cruisers, located a couple miles outside Puerto Plata. I don't know if they have wifi at the port, but if not, you'd have to go into Puerto Plata to find it.

2 hours ago, coevan said:

We barely could get signal at Margaritaville. Amber Cove has very good wifi, need to buy a beer to get the password. I downloaded a book to my Kindle pretty quickly

Where do you go to but the beer to get the password?

17 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

Grand Turk has a Diamonds International store. You can use their wifi for up to one hour for free.  We parked ourselves just outside the doors and checked emails, etc.

Now that you say that, I do remember a crew member or two sitting outside one of the stores with their laptop  in Amber Cove, too.

OP, you can talk to some of the crew. They tend to know where the best wifi spots are at each port since they often use them.

3 hours ago, Ace5614 said:

Where is the diamond international at Amber Cove?

When you walk off the pier and through the duty free shop, it exits out into the shopping complex with all the stores right there in a circle. DI is to the left, next door to duty free. Incidentally, Amber Cove has a fairly long pier, but there should be locals with pedi-cabs giving rides from the ship. How much for a ride, you ask? When I asked one of them last year, he simply said, "Whatever your heart feels like giving." 😊

Here's a map of Amber Cove: https://www.ambercove.com/userfiles/images/Amber Cove/Brochure-AmberCove jpg.jpg

9 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

They do actually offer a free shot of rum on their website and use the honor system if you don't have the coupon with you.

It is a nice place and have spent more than a couple of days there.  That said the prices have sky rocketed in the last couple of years.