Cancellation of cruise

Hobbes67

Unfortunately my husband was hospitalized for 5 days and just got out yesterday.  Very week and still ill.  We were suppose to leave on Saturday for our cruise but I have had to cancel.  We are elite and had purchased the Princess insurance.  Can anyone tell me the process to go through to file a claim?  Someone is going to get a last minute great upgrade as we had a suite and first class air!  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You will need to get a Dr certification form that Princess will get to you once you call. I had to cancel on one of ours with my Mom, and it was really no big deal. Don't stress about it, take care of your husband.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hobbes67 said:

Unfortunately my husband was hospitalized for 5 days and just got out yesterday.  Very week and still ill.  We were suppose to leave on Saturday for our cruise but I have had to cancel.  We are elite and had purchased the Princess insurance.  Can anyone tell me the process to go through to file a claim?  Someone is going to get a last minute great upgrade as we had a suite and first class air!  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Is there a reason you would not start with Princess and/or the insurance provider?  You might get great answers here and you might also get side-tracked with some inaccuracies.  This is pretty particular stuff and I would just go to the source. 

Sorry you cannot go.  Hopefully, a future time will work.

Edited by steelers36

When my wife had emergency gall bladder surgery two weeks before the cruise I called my travel agent and she contacted Princess.  If you did not use a travel agent then as the OP stated call Princess and notify them of the cancellation and ask that they send the forms.  You just need a doctor's certification that your husband was not fit to travel and other supporting details regarding the hospital.

With Princess (Platinum level) insurance it was not too bad a process.  Hope your husband quickly recovers and you both have many future cruises.

Richard 

So sorry that you will have to cancel your cruise.  This is the information is on pages 2 and 3 of the policy (link on the same page where you retrieve your boarding pass and luggage tags) - I wish you the best!

"Where To Report Cancellations: Contact your travel agent, Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours or the Program Administrator IMMEDIATELY to advise of your situation and to avoid any non-reimbursable expenses due to late notification. The Program Administrator will send you a form that must be completed by you and the treating doctor (if applicable). Instructions will be provided as to what other information may be needed if cancellation is caused by a non-medical reason. The Program Administrator can be contacted 24 hours a day online at www.travelclaim.com or by calling 1-877- 846-8833 or 1-516-342-7262."

Thanks, I did use a TA and they canceled the trip in time for us.  Still working on trying to get the form and then have to figure out how to get it completed as he was treated by hospital docs and now will be seeing primary care.  Hopefully they will complete since they will have all of the hospital records. 

We've filed under Princess insurance twice:  Princess was our first call and they forwarded us to the AON organization for the forms/documentation.  The first instance my doctor completed SOME of the data on the forms, and the other time rather than documentation from the hospital doctor I attached a one-sentence letter from the hospital prepared by the patient navigator on validating my mother's hospital stay for emergency surgery (she wasn't on the cruise but as my parent was a qualified reason for cancelling the cruise).  The point is that the insurance folks are likely familiar with receiving a number of different types of documentation, so I'd suggest speaking with your Primary to give them a heads-up that you'll need their help in providing validation concerning the medical issue keeping you from the cruise.  If you haven't received the forms in the next day or two, reach out to your TA again so they can ping the insurance folks.  Note that the AON people were very good to work with, and helpful when I had questions.

Hope your husband continues to recover and you can plan a new recovery-cruise together for sometime in the future!

Edited by LoriPhil