In Cabin Announcements

Glenndale

How many of you who have sailed on SoD found the announcements intrusive and would they put you off sailing with Saga again?

I have complained to Saga about them but I don't think shoreside really understand how annoying they are.

I would like the opportunity to turn them off inside the cabin.

Obviously important messages do need to be broadcast in the cabin e.g. Request for blood donors, Abandon ship ! but I cannot see any reason for ship cleared messages to disturb us.

They are free to make these announcements in public spaces.

CD announcements in cabin such as Bellboy exampled are ridiculous, in fact as far as I can see no CD announcements need to be made in cabin.

• Like 1

They didn’t worry us, but we are always awake early, so it wouldn’t put us off sailing with Saga in the future.  I do understand, however,  that not everyone appreciates being disturbed by announcements when they are on holiday.  I would not have thought it would be difficult to have the non-crucial announcements on one of the tv channels as well as in the public spaces.

According to the in-cabin information book non-critical announcements are meant to be available on the ship's position channel. Nothing came through that channel during our cruise in September, although if it had it would probably have been obliterated by the Captain and CD blaring through the PA system loudspeaker above the bed.

The morning announcements were an annoyance but not a show-stopper, but as I mentioned elsewhere one of the pre sailaway announcements nearly had my wife in tears as she was in the middle of an involved phone call while the Captain was shouting at us.

The best option is to befriend every high tier Britannia Club member you come across and convince them that being shouted at by the Captain before breakfast is a Bad Thing. Until they start grumbling at the Captain and/or top brass from shoreside then things aren't likely to change: I hadn't realised until SoD arrived quite how much weight Saga give to their best customers' opinions.