Transfer to Travel Agent

Bgwest

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Wondering why you did not book direct with a TA to start.

with the thanksgiving holiday, i wont be surprised to see most TA closed or not answering calls/emails preventing you from booking any cruises with the current sales/promotions. If you book direct with Carnival when they have the promotions, you can get take part of the current sales and discounts and then transfer to the TA for the TA to give you any other perks

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

with the thanksgiving holiday, i wont be surprised to see most TA closed or not answering calls/emails preventing you from booking any cruises with the current sales/promotions. If you book direct with Carnival when they have the promotions, you can get take part of the current sales and discounts and then transfer to the TA for the TA to give you any other perks

Interesting

now that all of that is sorted out, wondering about my original question:

I’m sure this has been covered but I cannot find it. 
what’s the procedure and timing for transferring a booking made directly with Carnival to my travel agent?

Edited by Bgwest

20 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

what’s the procedure and timing for transferring a booking made directly with Carnival to my travel agent?

you have 90 days from booking the cruise to transfer to the travel agent. your travel agent will need all of your info like ship, sail date, booking number, etc

• Like 1

I transferred one cruise about 30 days after I booked it with no problems.  I certainly don't need the TA and it presents a slight hassle if something comes up but it is worth it with the OBC they offer.  Between the TA OBC and a strategic use of gift cards I can save nearly 15% on the overall price of my cruise.  It adds up.

20 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I’m sure this has been covered but I cannot find it. 

It's super easy.  All I have had to do in the past is give my travel agent my booking information and she is able to do the rest.  You can also call Carnival and do it over the phone. I believe you have 30 days to do it.