Is there a data usage limit on the 250 minute WiFi perk

Pduaime

We have the 250 minute WiFi perk, but is there also a limit on how much data you can use?  I thought I read somewhere that it is 250 minutes or 1GB, so if you hit 1GB of usage, your plan is used up, but I can't find that info now.  

For my usage I've never hit the data limit but I would assume you would have to purchase more time (data) after that.  Yes, when you log onto the wifi it will tell you how much you have used.  It is important that you log off every time you use it.

Most of the NCL ships in the fleet, including the Escape - meter & is set to a max of 250 minutes if that is your plan of choice/free offer.  Only the Breakaway is capped at 1GB, regardless of how many minutes - and I've been able to get a lot more on-air minutes, until it's over 1GB.   

However, I do not have a definite answer for the Joy, Bliss or Encore as those are newer ships.  

If OP upgrade $$ to the unlimited data packae (with or without streaming) = there is no cap on the amount of data used, AFAIK.  WiFi supports dual-band and "ac" mode - choose your hardware wisely for speed, overlapping coverage on multiple channels.  On average, expect to consume about/up to 3 or 4MB worth of data per minute of "active" usage ... uploading/downloading large files.  

2 hours ago, Pduaime said:

We have the 250 minute WiFi perk, but is there also a limit on how much data you can use?  I thought I read somewhere that it is 250 minutes or 1GB, so if you hit 1GB of usage, your plan is used up, but I can't find that info now.  

It is NOT a 1 GB limit. 

NCL sells internet by the minute OR by volume. 16 out of 17 ships sell minutes. The breakaway sells by data volume. 

5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Bliss

I saw a meter of how much data I had used, but no indication of a limit.

6 hours ago, Pduaime said:

Second question,   Will the NCL app tell me how many minutes I've used so I know if I'm running out?  

When you access the pages for logging in and out (logon.com and logout.com) it shows you what your usage has been and how many minutes you have left.  It even shows you what your sessions were (when and how long).  This was the case on the Bliss anyway...