Paid upgrade to divide room question

mhg7274

Odd question... we have a family room booked on the Koningsdam for Christmas/New Years. We got an amazing price of $5900 for all four of us. Right now the same room is around $8000 to book (20 days out). Have you ever had 4 people in a room and received a call to ask if you want to have 2 rooms with 2 in each instead of 1 for 4 people?

3 minutes ago, mhg7274 said:

Odd question... we have a family room booked on the Koningsdam for Christmas/New Years. We got an amazing price of $5900 for all four of us. Right now the same room is around $8000 to book (20 days out). Have you ever had 4 people in a room and received a call to ask if you want to have 2 rooms with 2 in each instead of 1 for 4 people?

That's a very specific question and I doubt there are many in that situation.

Why not call whoever you booked with (cruise line or TA) and ask what they can do for you?

2 hours ago, mhg7274 said:

Have you ever had 4 people in a room and received a call to ask if you want to have 2 rooms with 2 in each instead of 1 for 4 people?

Did you receive such a call or are you asking if it’s ever happened?

I also don’t recall anybody ever mentioning that situation.  That’s not to say it hasn’t happened but as RocketMan275 posted that’s a particularly specific and unusual situation.  I suppose one of the key factors is the composition of the “family of four”.   Four age qualifying adults or two adults and two children or whatever other combinations you can make out of four would have an impact.