Late flight out of Singapore

cekim

5 minutes ago, cekim said:

We have a 21.30 flight out of Singapore any ideas what to do as we will  have luggage. Cannot get a day room anywhere. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Changi Airport is the finest in the world. There is a lot to see and do there. In a worst case scenario, you could spend the day there, or drop off your luggage and take the MRT or a taxi back into the city for the day.

Pay for one night at a hotel and checkout early. Last January my family of three cruised out of Singapore on Holland America’s fifteen night Westerdam sailing to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. At the conclusion of our cruise we had a car service transport us to the Destination Beach Road Hotel where we were able to checkin to our room around 11:00AM. We had lunch and dinner locally and checked out around 8:00PM for our Singapore Airlines flight home to JFK at midnight. We also stayed in the same hotel three days pre cruise and are doing another eight day sailing on the Norwegian Jade in early 2020.

Have you tried the airport hotels for day rooms? I don't know your dates but a quick search seems to reveal that some of them offer day rooms (eg Ambassador Transit Hotel, Crowne Plaza Changi, Aerotel Singapore).

We were in Singapore last year.  Do check out the airport website.  There are several different lounges- at least one that includes  shower rented by the hour,  a spa, a movie theatre, tons of shopping and restaurants.  The MRT (train system) is very easy to navigate and goes right out to the airport.  Very safe and reasonably priced.  Singapore turns out to top my list of favourite cities.  Enjoy!

You can do early check-in at Changi tip to 24 hours before your flight, and then wander around, its a fantastic airport. I love the butterfly garden, there is also a cactus garden, orchid garden etc. I believe there is a 4-story slide but I haven't tried it.

The new retail park is called Jewel Changi , its like an architectural forest and looks great.

There is also a pool for a refreshing swim, with showers, etc, various lounges and an internal  hotel that does rooms for a few hours.

A good variety of restaurants & bars too.

I had the same dilemma last May when I came off Spectrum. I couldn't find the answer at the time but I was flying with BA and they do have an early bag drop-off desk where you can check in as early as you like. The year before, I was flying with Qatar Airways but they only opened check-in 3 hours before I think it was - I had to sit and wait for them to set up the check-in area etc. I'm lucky I have lounge access through my BA status now, but when I didn't I spent the day at the outdoor pool then wandered round the butterfly garden etc etc. I did have to look hard for the early check-in desk though, but it does exist! It was near the new fountain/shopping area. Good luck!

I would definitely spend a day or a week in Singapore.  Long trip to just see the port and the airport.  I agree the airport is nice.  We stayed at the hotel (Crown Plaza) there the night we arrived at midnight it was very nice.  We then went to the Marina Bay Sands for a few nights, which is quite pricey and almost worth the price.

jc