Silly girie question on spa re: gel nails

sheltielover1973

22 minutes ago, sheltielover1973 said:

I'm leaving on Reflection next Monday-- does the spa do gel nails? Works insane and I dont have time to get them re-done before the cruise.

And yes-- I'm aware of what a ridiculous topic this is---  judge me all you want- I like nice nails! 🙂

I don't know the answer but have wondered the same thing myself.    Not a ridiculous question at all!  I've read much sillier questions than this!  

• Like 1

We are on an upcoming cruise on the Equinox and I pulled up our cruise planner.   Under the Spa and Fitness tab, I was able to pretend I was booking an appointment and one of the manicure options is Gel Manicure.  Give that a try with your booking online.  You can probably book your appointment online.  I understand the nice looking nails, so good luck!

I have not had it done but my sister did. Yes, they do gel nails and do a good job but the price is a lot higher than at home. So far, I’ve managed to get mine done by my local manicurist before leaving. It occurred to me on our most recent cruise that one reason I will never be able to do a long set of B2B cruises is that I have to get home to have my nails and hair done!

Actually - if you are in Fort Lauderdale with any time pre-cruise, Nails By Cindy at 1303 SE 17th St does an absolutely FABULOUS job.  You can call now and make an appointment.

I discovered them when my daughter had to fly in on a red-eye the morning we sailed.  She had final exams right up until the morning that she was flying and did not have time to get them done at home.

I reccommend them whole heartedly and would definitely use them again!

16 hours ago, sheltielover1973 said:

I'm leaving on Reflection next Monday-- does the spa do gel nails? Works insane and I dont have time to get them re-done before the cruise.

And yes-- I'm aware of what a ridiculous topic this is---  judge me all you want- I like nice nails! 🙂

Here you go....generic Spa information so available on all lines I would think.  https://celebrity.canyonranch.com/CanyonRanch/Spa/Services

I had a gel removal just before disembarking on one cruise, took a lonnnnnng time (more than usual), expensive and I think the tip was included in the price, which wasn't shared with me, so of course I put in appropriate $$s and over-tipped.  I'd check that before confirming my appt.  BTW, when you access the menus, there's an option to make your appt.  Nice feature, let's you know what days/times are available on your particular cruise.

"Gel Manicure

Duration: 50 minutes  $90.00

Say goodbye to nicks, chips and smudges. Enjoy all the essentials of a perfect spa manicure finished with a breakthrough gel polish that combines the ease of polish with the permanence of gels. "

Edited by oceangoer2

8 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

Are you referring to the hard gel nails, or a shellac manicure? I know you can get the manicure ..at a ridiculous price, but if you want a set of hard gel nails...not acrylics. I doubt it. 

You can say that again about ridiculous price. It costs $25 bucks where I live.  Highway robbery on the cruise!

On 12/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, sheltielover1973 said:

I can't help you with spa questions but IMHO anyone who loves Shelties cannot possibly post a rediculous topic here 😄 !

• Like 2