Carnival boarding time?

jfleming03

Carnival doesn't have boarding times, but they do have arrival appointment times.  This is the time you can go into the terminal.  If you arrive earlier, there is a line for that, and you may or may not get into the terminal earlier than your appointment time.  You choose the arrival appointment when you do your online check-in.  If you don't choose a time, you will be assigned a time, usually one of the later ones.  The earlier arrival appointment times tend to get chosen first.  The arrival appointment times depend on the port and the ship.

No, there isn't a standard boarding time.  It depends on how quickly they are able to get the previous passengers off of the ship.

In my experience, boarding started between 10:45 and 11:00 on my last several cruises.  I arrived at 10:30 with FTTF for my cruise on the Magic and they called FTTF about 20 minutes later.  I arrived at 10:45 for my cruise on the Breeze and they boarded my boarding zone A01 around 11:10 or so.  Anyway, it varies.

Edited by TNcruising02

On 12/2/2019 at 9:27 PM, coevan said:

to add, after you arrive at your arrival time, wedding parties, Diamond, Platinum and FFTF will board first, followed by the assigned times

First time carnival cruisers. 

Where do suites fit into the mix?

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

First time carnival cruisers. 

Where do suites fit into the mix?

They board after the wedding parties, diamond, platinum but before the FTTF.  They get to sit in the special lounge with the other priority members.  FTTF has their own section.

And hope they don’t spring a surprise inspection...happened to me a couple of times. Once when I was waiting to board, and didn’t start until 2pm (Carnival) and once when they cleared the b2ber’s on board (Royal), but we had to wait in the lounge on ship for 2 hours until inspection was finished. That one wasn’t as bad, although those waiting to board were probably not to happy.