Perfect Day Overcrowding

13 hours ago, Carlo16 said:

Anybody been on the island with 2 ships? I’m sailing in August with Oasis and Majesty in port at once. 

I was there with two ships in port and I thought it was really crowded. There were hardly any pool chairs available (our ship docked second) and we ended up in sand behind bushes with no view of the pool... Though, that was back in April while some of the island was still under construction and before the water park was open. So maybe with more available areas to visit, the pool may be less crowded. We did love it there though, so we booked again this coming spring 🙂 

So it's interesting to read people complaining about overcrowding, and it's pretty apparent they've not been to the revised Coco Cay, yet- and they argue with people who have been there....

If you want to worry about overcrowding- go for it.  Worry, think your cruise will suck, it's your vacation that you are anticipating is going to be ruined.

You'll find out how nice it is when you get there.  But I'm sure you will find reasons to complain about it.  Please do all of the rest of us a favor and just cancel your cruise already- we can use a price drop.

9 minutes ago, 6805 said:

Sounds like the crab fits alfaeric just fine. 

Completely agree... and I have yet to see anyone "argue" with anyone about anything on this thread. It seems Alfaeric is the only mean-spirited poster here 🤷‍♀️.

Alfaeric may  have been referring to my post, since he/she called out those who've "not been to the revised coco cay yet" - But what he/she failed to do is read my entire post that said we loved it so much, regardless of the crowds, that we booked another cruise to visit again once the construction was completed. 

Edited by Samanthac25

43 minutes ago, 6805 said:

Sounds like the crab fits alfaeric just fine. 

😀

Just calling it like I see it.

We loved Coco Cay, and can't wait to go back. 

I just want to see the whiners cancel their cruises already.  Save me money by lowering the demand and thus the costs.

It is inevitable that when someone posts a concern around here it is sure to spark a reply from someone containing the word "whiner". I think people are just looking for some reassurance that the vacation they spent thousands of dollars on is not going to seem similar to one at Disney World. Degrading a legitimate concern accomplishes nothing.

• Like 2

Thought with all these Toys on board nobody needs to go ashore. Soon will have many 10day Cruises to nowhere. I Kid though, my Grandkids and Children love both Coco Cay and Oasis ships. Me, sailing alone would rather skip Private Island Amusement Parks, miss Coco Cay of 25yrs ago and Labadee of 30+ yrs ago, one rest room, no toys, and a real Barbecue...quite

Yesterday  I  saw a post regarding a new  early arrival program at Coco Cay designed for those who already had water park tickets.   It was in the $30 range and you received breakfast on Coco Cay  and an hour of "exclusive" water park use.   I can see folks signing up for this to also hold  a few chairs. 

M

We were there last week on Mariner. Navigation was also there. I think it depends on what you mean by "crowded." We got off the ship around 10:30- there were absolutely no chairs available with a view of the beach at chill island. We looked for about 30 minutes. There were plenty of chairs available in the back areas with a view of a volleyball court or bushes. We asked the cabana rental person where we could find two chairs together and she told us to go around the construction zone to the newly reopened south beach area. We walked over there and found plenty of chairs, along with the worst rotten eggs smell ever, and a backhoe loudly digging up sand. After about 30 minutes, we had all we could take of the smell and were headed back to the ship when we saw two chairs open up which were about four-five rows back from the beach. I went over and got the chairs, and we enjoyed the rest of our day. The lines to get food were not long, and the beach was not crowded. In fact, we never saw any of the "people" who had stuff in about 10 of the chairs right beside us. I sat there for three hours reading my book and never once saw them. At one point, a guy came by and grabbed his towel and walked away. So I think a lot of people throw their stuff on the chairs and then leave on excursions not to come back until hours later. So anyway, don't fool yourself into thinking that it will be super easy to find a chairs with a view of the beach. Can you find a chair? Yes, there are plenty of chairs. Can you find a chair with a view of the beach? Maybe. If finding a beach view seat is important to you, I would advise getting off the ship early and putting your stuff on the chair like the rest of the people do. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yesterday  I  saw a post regarding a new  early arrival program at Coco Cay designed for those who already had water park tickets.   It was in the $30 range and you received breakfast on Coco Cay  and an hour of "exclusive" water park use.   I can see folks signing up for this to also hold  a few chairs. 

This is getting ridiculous.  Based on my experience last week if you get off the ship early you already have "exclusive" use of the waterpark and will have no problem finding chairs.  We got off about 8:00am (arrival around 7:30), went straight to the waterpark and were able to do all of the slides with little to no wait.  By 9:00am as we were finishing up the last slide a huge wave of people arrived and the lines got really long.  So now RCL is going to try to charge $30pp for something that already exists anyway?

• Thanks 1

We have been there with 2 ships - Navigator and Empress, and not crowded at all.  We get off the ship by 8 am and go to our favorite place on Chill Beach.  We get front row loungers/umbrella and totally chill out there all day.  Christmas will have both Navigator and Mariner and guessing it will be fine also..

Was there on Navigator with a smaller ship in June.  The water park lines were ridiculously long (like an hour wait) but the rest of the island was not at all crowded.  Plenty of space at the beaches and pools and there were no lines for food. A lot of it probably depends on the time of year you are going. More kids will make the water park wait crazy, less kids and you'll probably have more crowding at the beaches and pool.