Ocean Medallion insert card size.

masterty

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, TonyMat said:

Did Princess phase out key card sized Medallion holders in favor of smaller, circular ones?

Yes, shortly after I made a bunch of templates for the rectangular holder (October 2021).  By March, I had the round ones.  Guess they made more money with the accessories for the round medallions than they made for the inserts for the rectangular holder.

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, shortly after I made a bunch of templates for the rectangular holder (October 2021).  By March, I had the round ones.  Guess they made more money with the accessories for the round medallions than they made for the inserts for the rectangular holder.

You actually can still buy the rectangular holder or reuse your old one if you still have it.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TonyMat said:

You actually can still buy the rectangular holder or reuse your old one if you still have it.

Yes, I still have it, but found it easier to attach my medallion to a clip that also clips to my waistband.  Not as bulky. I never outwardly wore my cruise card or medallion.  I’m glad I have the old style…just in case.  

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Me, too!! Had some really nice ones and they changed to round before our April cruise. 😢

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, I still have it, but found it easier to attach my medallion to a clip that also clips to my waistband.  Not as bulky. I never outwardly wore my cruise card or medallion.  I’m glad I have the old style…just in case.  

In retrospect, I usually keep my medallion in my pocket, backpack or fanny/belt/chest pack, instead of wearing it around my neck, in a rectangular holder, because it swings around (or gets caught by the wind) too much and/or becomes a hazard to those walking behind/around you.