Luggage storage - MIAMI

lorwill

We dock at 7am in Miami and do not fly until 11pm.  Plan to go to a shopping mall (Dolphin?)  Any ideas on what to do with our luggage for the day and cheapest/easiest way to get to a good mall?  We have been to Miami before so no need to do any sightseeing that day.

Thanks in advance from first time cruisers!

19 hours ago, lorwill said:

We dock at 7am in Miami and do not fly until 11pm.  Plan to go to a shopping mall (Dolphin?)  Any ideas on what to do with our luggage for the day and cheapest/easiest way to get to a good mall?  We have been to Miami before so no need to do any sightseeing that day.

Thanks in advance from first time cruisers!

We have done this journey countless times but boy its a long day although we always take the first transatlantic flight (BA 17.15) across the pond.  Is there anyway that you can get that flight changed to an earlier one, there are loads to choose from?   Although we haven't looked for bag storage recently, the only one we have used is the one at Miami airport.  Not particularly cheap and obviously involves a trip to the airport first, but a shared shuttle from the port (usually about $10 per person) would get you there relatively painlessly.  I think Aventura Mall would be worth a visit, buts its a smaller version of our Metro Centre.  On our last visit the food court had been removed and some swanky, expensive coffee shops had opened up but you couldn't really spend all that much time there.  Captain BJ's suggestion is OK if you are happy to take a chance on the I95 motorway but that wouldn't be for us I'm afraid, too many lunatics out there and of course you do know,  our American friends drive on the wrong side of the road!!!!!!  Honestly, I would try and get the flight changed, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Thanks 1

Agreed.  We too live in the North (Durham) so appreciate you're not quite home once you arrive at Heathrow.  A hotel might be an alternative, the nearest ones are probably the Holiday Inn (virtually opposite Bayside Market Place), the Double Tree (walkable to Bayside) or the Inter Continental.  Having never booked a day room, I am sorry but cannot comment on day rates.

• Like 1