Balcony on Legend

Astromaid

Thinking about a cruise on the Legend. We like a balcony that we can see down to the water, to see the ship cutting the water & watch runners at port. We last traveled on Jewel of the Seas and were disappointed because we were over a roof covering the lifeboats and could not see down. We prefer to be midships, and notice there are cabins that protrude out on either in front of the lifeboats or midsection behind. The safe bet would be the forward cabins. But I wondered if anyone has stayed in the balconies that protrude out mid ship. Can you see towards the front or are the lifeboats obstructing the view? Second question, where is the comedy club at? I see only the Follies Lounge, is there a second lounge where the comedy show is?

18 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

Second question, where is the comedy club at? I see only the Follies Lounge, is there a second lounge where the comedy show is?

looking at past funtimes, comedy club is the Firebird Lounge on deck 1

Your can go to the Carnival web page to check out the deck plans. Hope this will help. Deck 5 is were the life boats are. I'd book deck 7 or above and towards the front of the ship. When you see the deck plans you'll notice some balcony cabins extend. Forward, mid ship and aft. Good luck have a great cruise.

2 hours ago, Astromaid said:

Thinking about a cruise on the Legend. We like a balcony that we can see down to the water, to see the ship cutting the water & watch runners at port. We last traveled on Jewel of the Seas and were disappointed because we were over a roof covering the lifeboats and could not see down. We prefer to be midships, and notice there are cabins that protrude out on either in front of the lifeboats or midsection behind. The safe bet would be the forward cabins. But I wondered if anyone has stayed in the balconies that protrude out mid ship. Can you see towards the front or are the lifeboats obstructing the view? Second question, where is the comedy club at? I see only the Follies Lounge, is there a second lounge where the comedy show is?

you obviously purchased an obstructed view balcony, should have been advertised as such

We had one of those balconies on deck 6 midships and had no issue seeing down to the water. We could also look towards the bow over the lifeboats. Decks 7 or 8 would be even better.

BTW, looking down at the roof of the lifeboat cover below you is not considered an obstructed view, you can still see out from the ship without anything in your way.

My first balcony cabin was on Miracle.  I booked an extended balcony on Deck 7 (maybe 7193; in that area).  I was rather disappointed that I couldn't see straight down the side.  I have zero interest in pier runners but I do really enjoy watching the dock workers when arriving and departing.

It depends on how close you are to one of the "bump-out" cabins whether your forward view will be obstructed.