What to do after getting off pride of america

suzyfletch

A lot of people like to visit the Arizona Memorial / Pearl Harbor.  NCL should have a shore excursion for debark day, that would be the best way to visit to be sure and get tickets on the tender boat out to the memorial.  The tours get blocks of tickets, otherwise you have to book in advance, they sell out quick.  If you dont get a ticket there are some exhibits and a movie to watch at the dock museum.

The swap meet at Aloha Stadium is another popular stop for some shopping.  Its all the same stuff the gift shops sell at lower prices.  I know for a fact the shops jack up prices when the cruise ship docks, I’ve seen it happen in Kona.

Take a cab to Waikiki Beach and hang out, its a busy spot with lots of activities and peoplewatching opportunities.  Lots of water sports, surf lesson, mini-sub, jetskis, parasailing, etc. There is a zoo at the far end.  Take a hike to the top of Diamondhead for a photo op.

Edited by smithop

I did get tickets for the Polynesian cultural center and a luau that evening. I think seeing Pearl Harbor is a good ideal! Wonder where I could store our bags? I thought about renting a car mainly to store our luggage, but there are none available on that day. I know I’m asking a lot but it sure would be nice to be able to shower and change clothes before getting on the long flight home. We don’t get back to Dallas till 3:00pm! 

45 minutes ago, suzyfletch said:

I did get tickets for the Polynesian cultural center and a luau that evening. I think seeing Pearl Harbor is a good ideal! Wonder where I could store our bags? I thought about renting a car mainly to store our luggage, but there are none available on that day. I know I’m asking a lot but it sure would be nice to be able to shower and change clothes before getting on the long flight home. We don’t get back to Dallas till 3:00pm! 

Consider renting a day room.  You can use it for napping, showering, storing bags, etc.  

1 hour ago, suzyfletch said:

You can store your bags but definitely get your tickets online, in advance. 

for a 1am departure definitely rent a car - we were able to rent one being picked up at the port and then dropping it off at the airport. Did the swap market at the stadium (already did the memorial and PCC before the cruise) and headed back to the airport as we had an earlier flight.  You could also see if buying access to one of the airport lounges was worth it.  Check out the below guide: 

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/honolulu-airport-guide.htm

We're on the POA sailing 12/28 and don't leave until 10:30 p.m when we disembark on 1/4.  I couldn't find a hotel with day room rates (since it's a holiday week many hotels seem to be at capacity) -- Marriott gave me a few hotels to check out but they didn't have them.  We decided to just book a hotel room even though we aren't staying over, it's not cheap but the cruise is so expensive for five of us (and for five nights at Turtle Bay resort before the trip) that at this point it seems like Monopoly money and worth it so we can store our luggage, relax and shower after a day at the beach.  We're at Courtyard Waikiki, not as pricey as some of the others and no resort fee.