MSC Armonia Dry Dock/ Air Conditioning

Dtk00

He's anyone heard reports yet of the improvments done to the Armonia during the Dry dock? 

Multiple reviews in the past complained about air conditioning not working right on the Armonia. Was this addressed during the dry dock? Assuming it is an issue still, is there a known pattern to which rooms are/were having a/c issues? Would a Bella interior room be more apt to lead me to a hot room than upgrading to fantastica room?

We are very curious based on the prices for the 7 night cruises out of Miami, but working air conditioning is our primary concern from the negative reviews. Any insight on this?

Frequently those air conditioning complaints are directly linked to the fact that balcony cabins on the same AC run keep their balcony cabin doors open and messed up the system for all the cabins on that run.

There is also a cultural difference where the rest of the world does not use AC to the extend of US cruisers and are comfortable in warmer temperatures.

11 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Frequently those air conditioning complaints are directly linked to the fact that balcony cabins on the same AC run keep their balcony cabin doors open and messed up the system for all the cabins on that run.

Would an interior room avoid this problem then?

This is one of the big issues keeping me from booking again.  If I did book, I would pick a different floor/section of the ship.  While the AC in my room was not working, walking the hall it felt like the whole section was not working well.  You could feel it working from section to section.

We traveled with someone in an interior one floor down and their AC was fine.

4 hours ago, Dtk00 said:

Would an interior room avoid this problem then?

Unfortunately, no.

Interior cabins are on the same runs as balcony cabins and those runs can be both horizontal on the same deck or vertical between decks.

This is a common problem across the cruise industry and some newer ships now have balcony doors that can not be left open or have someway to isolate the balcony cabin from the system if the balcony door is left open.

31 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

This is one of the big issues keeping me from booking again.  If I did book, I would pick a different floor/section of the ship.  While the AC in my room was not working, walking the hall it felt like the whole section was not working well.  You could feel it working from section to section.

We traveled with someone in an interior one floor down and their AC was fine.

Yes, you can tell on the hallways which AC runs have a problem due to open balcony doors.

The luck of your AC working properly is dependent on the good behavior of your fellow cruisers not leaving the balcony doors open.

Sometimes you can identify the culprit because you can feel the warm air rushing out from under their cabin door.  If you can identify the cabin, report it to Guest Services.