How do I get a better spa (massage) discount

Hoops_Baller

5 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

What is all of the writing/prices on the flyers?  Did they give you a lower price when you actually showed up?  For example, the Pick and Mix Massage Special says 3 treatments for $189, but you got ALL the services for only $109??

The writing on the flyers are the prices we paid after attending and participating in the Ladies Pamper Party, some initialed by the person authorizing the prices at the end of the party.  Yes, I got all the services, extended time, and hot stone massage added on for the scribbled prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

The writing on the flyers are the prices we paid after attending and participating in the Ladies Pamper Party, some initialed by the person authorizing the prices at the end of the party.  Yes, I got all the services, extended time, and hot stone massage added on for the scribbled prices.

When do they usually have the Pamper Party?  Is it generally the first day of the cruise?

39 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

When do they usually have the Pamper Party?  Is it generally the first day of the cruise?

Usually on Sea Days, anywhere from 11am to 3pm (it's usually about an hour long).  On my last cruise there were some evening times but I don't know if those are only on Sea Days or if they do it every day (or if they only do it if/when they're not getting enough bookings).    The prices are only good for that day and sometimes the next morning.

Just remember to tell them at the beginning of the appointment that you don't need any products (unless you want something, then be very specific or tell them your limit and ask what they would recommend).  They like to give you a card showing all of the products the used on you but there's no hard sell.  

Edited by LibratPDX
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

Usually on Sea Days, anywhere from 11am to 3pm (it's usually about an hour long).  On my last cruise there were some evening times but I don't know if those are only on Sea Days or if they do it every day (or if they only do it if/when they're not getting enough bookings).    The prices are only good for that day and sometimes the next morning.

Just remember to tell them at the beginning of the appointment that you don't need any products (unless you want something, then be very specific or tell them your limit and ask what they would recommend).  They like to give you a card showing all of the products the used on you but there's no hard sell.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LibratPDX said:

So you see the sign for the pamper party, or are given a flyer with info, go there expecting to pay $189 for 3 services (or whatever they list), and when you show up they give you a lower price? Sorry to sound so naive!

18 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

So you see the sign for the pamper party, or are given a flyer with info, go there expecting to pay $189 for 3 services (or whatever they list), and when you show up they give you a lower price? Sorry to sound so naive!

The Ladies Pamper Party is listed in the FunTimes.  You get the lower-than-published price for attending and participating in the party; most people who show up know about the discounts.  You basically follow their steps and give yourself a facial.  Then at the end of the party, they talk about what is offered on the flyer and they encourage people to be vocal to get better pricing.  Kinda cheesy but the deals are the best!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LibratPDX said:

The Ladies Pamper Party is listed in the FunTimes.  You get the lower-than-published price for attending and participating in the party; most people who show up know about the discounts.  You basically follow their steps and give yourself a facial.  Then at the end of the party, they talk about what is offered on the flyer and they encourage people to be vocal to get better pricing.  Kinda cheesy but the deals are the best!

So is it kind of like a Pampered Chef party?  Does it cost any money if you don't schedule any of the services?

51 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

So is it kind of like a Pampered Chef party?  Does it cost any money if you don't schedule any of the services?

I'm not familiar with how Pampered Chef parties work.  It doesn't cost a dime if you don't schedule anything.

• Like 1