Bringing wine onboard

mistyPA

Does anyone know how wine can be brought on? I know 1 bottle per person is ok, but $15 corkage fee for other bottles, do you put bottles in luggage or carry on? Wine list is not particularly appealing to me and would be better off bringing what I like and paying the corkage fee.

each person is allowed one btl each for carry on.

You should take it as a carry on[backpack]

no limit how much you want to bring on board if you chose to pay the corkage costs per btl

I know some cruisers who bring on a case-tag the case with there cabin number-have porters send onto ship and than pay corkage

1 x 750ml/per adult can be carried on without corkage charge for use in your cabin. Additional bottles can be carried on and are subject to a $15/bot corkage. These bottles are marked and can be used any place on the ship. If a few bottles just place in your carry on. If a lot of bottles wine bottle totes are sold. There are plenty of selections on Amazon. It's better to carry wine on, but some have had success as checked baggage if packaged properly. If checked it will be held until you are called to open the package and are charged the corkage.

Edited by skynight

Agree with everything above. However, there are some ports, some in Europe, that have a duty shop within the security area and shops in the Terminal. On my last cruise, they did not even have the desk as you come on the ship to register your wine bottles for corkage fees. They did not seem to be checking for wine when you boarded at the ports.