3 adults in Mini Suite questions

imsailin

If anyone can help answer my questions I would truly appreciate it. My husband, and 25 year old grand-daughter and I will be sailing to Hawaii in May. We will be in a Mini Suite. Do they leave the sofa open and made into a bed, or do they put it back to a sofa in the morning. Also, do they put the comfy new mattress on top of it.  

She will probably be ok. The cabin steward will offer the best solution

Our 2 1/2 year old grand daughter was sleeping in a bed in a mini suite for the first time. She rolled out of bed on to pillows placed on the floor and never woke up.

38242155412_71658494e4_w.jpgRolled out of bed and never woke up_3155[/] by

Perhaps your 25 year old grand daughter will have a similar happy experience?

Howard

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, imsailin said:
29 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Another thought...if the mini accommodates 4 passengers, there will be a drop down bed from the ceiling. Might be more comfortable.

Wow! I didn't know that - thanks that might be the best way

We have had three in a mini several times. The sofa bed does not pull out into a full bed, but “rolls over” into a single bed lengthwise. It is not as comfortable as a regular bed, but it’s ok. The steward should return it to the couch configuration when he makes up the beds each morning and change it back at night. We were on a 3 day from Vancouver to LA this fall on Royal and the steward left it as a bed the whole three days. This did not pleas me and I reported it in our after cruise survey, but heard nothing back from Princess. I guess I should have told the steward, but was more concerned with the water dripping out of the ceiling in the bathroom. That was finally fixed after two attempts. Bottom line, the sofa bed is ok unless your daughter is a really picky sleeper. The pull down bed is maybe a little better, but requires the hassle of up and down that ladder. Your choice.

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

It did on the Emerald, 2/3 of the sofa made into a bed, with 1/3 left for sitting on.

1569963382_P1150966D214minisuite.thumb.JPG.6609fa7a3afa18c1947707aa65660fb7.JPG

The room steward opened/closed the bed each day/night.

Oh perfect - we will be on the Emerald - thank you all so much

The picture posted from Shmoo here was an accurate representation.  I have not heard of drop down beds in a mini, but more like 2 people on the pull out couch to reach the 4 person capacity but could be wrong.  Also, we found it more convenient to have the steward fold up the bed and use the couch just for more room walking around and relaxing if you wish.  But if you want to leave it down your room steward would probably have no problem leaving it down if you ask.  If you dont ask expect it to be closed each day, and setup for evening turn down. Lastly, dont expect a big comfy mattress on the sofa bed, you could probably ask for an extra mattress pad from the steward, doesn't hurt to ask.   Cheers, have a fun cruise!

• Like 1

We travel as a group of three adults in a mini-suite.  Once everyone is awake and dressed, we would put the bed back into a sofa and the steward would make the bed during the turn down service.  It's a little tight to walk around if the bed is open, but the mini-suite is perfectly comfortable for three adults.  The large dressing area and bathroom makes everything much easier.

8 hours ago, imsailin said:

If anyone can help answer my questions I would truly appreciate it. My husband, and 25 year old grand-daughter and I will be sailing to Hawaii in May. We will be in a Mini Suite. Do they leave the sofa open and made into a bed, or do they put it back to a sofa in the morning. Also, do they put the comfy new mattress on top of it.  

Which ship?  It matters.  

Grand class mini suites are as pictured above. The 4th bed if there is one, does drop down from the ceiling. 

Royal class ships have a different sofa bed - it is a long ways single mattress instead of the pullout type. The 4th is also from the ceiling.  

Not sure what "comfy new mattress" you mean - the sofa beds have what they have and they are not the same as on the regular beds. 

Some other ships have a sofa bed where it is just a single bed that comes out, not a double like the one shown. The room steward will put the bed away during the day.

If the room accommodates 4 people, the 4th bed does come from above.

The sofa beds are not comfortable.

The sofa beds on the Grand Princess are more like a day bed.  They are not pull out sofas.  The mattress is the same as the regular beds.  I haven't been on the Emerald though, so I couldn't say what you would get there.  The mini suites are different depending upon the ship one is on. 

Just tried to sleep on the pull out sofa bed on the Grand 2 weeks ago.  It was awful. Thin and short mattress. It lasted about 5 minutes. Only 2 of us, so we converted the queen to 2 twins.

They were comfortable, but I hate a twin bed.