Miami to Fort Lauderdale - what to do?

Mintycake

We're disembarking off Symphony of the Seas in Miami and our flight is leaving the same day from Fort Lauderdale, but not until 6:15pm.  Since we are Canadian we need to be at the airport by 4:15pm at the latest to check in.  Last time we did this, we booked the Everglades tour with airport transfer but we don't want to do it again, and we're not interested in the hop on/off sightseeing.  I'm at a loss of what to do.  We are a family of 3 (me, DH, and DD age 10).  I don't want to sit at the airport for 6 hours, but we also will have our luggage with us so not sure what our options are.  Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Mintycake said:

We're disembarking off Symphony of the Seas in Miami and our flight is leaving the same day from Fort Lauderdale, but not until 6:15pm.  Since we are Canadian we need to be at the airport by 4:15pm at the latest to check in.  Last time we did this, we booked the Everglades tour with airport transfer but we don't want to do it again, and we're not interested in the hop on/off sightseeing.  I'm at a loss of what to do.  We are a family of 3 (me, DH, and DD age 10).  I don't want to sit at the airport for 6 hours, but we also will have our luggage with us so not sure what our options are.  Any suggestions?

Take your time disembarking the ship. Uber to Miami Beach, you can kill a late morning, early afternoon there. sightseeing the art decor, having lunch, and maybe hit the beach for an hour or so. Plan 45 minutes drive to FLL.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Store your bags at the Luggage Lounge in South Beach, then you are free to explore.

Or check www.resortpass.com for resorts and large hotels offering day passes to their pool, spa and beach facilities.

Oh I love the resort pass idea!  Thank you so much!  

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure what you would do with your luggage but Ft Lauderdale has intercoastal water taxis that you can ride around to see all the large houses on the water way.  You can hop on/hop off at several different stops at restaurants and bars.  We have done it numerous times while staying in Ft Lauderdale.

On 12/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, Mintycake said:

We had almost the same issue in July. We took an Uber to FLL and spent the day at a resort on the beach. We had lunch there and used the pool. I purchased the resort for a day passes from the cruise ship. We then took an Uber to the airport.