MSC - fix your IT Issues

dexddd

Rant on.

I've been largely unscathed by IT issues with MSC except with bookings not showing up under profile.  Folks here found work around.

I know many complain about various IT issues though with MSC.

However, my TA tried three times yesterday to book three rooms on one trip and kept getting issues with your computer systems and was unable to make booking.  Huge waste of her time.  I know I read in past weeks one person's TA now refusing to work with MSC, maybe this is part of the reason?  Our TA is a very large TA and she called three times.

Personally, based on the IT issues, I'd be putting pink slips in for the top 5% of your IT management and look to outsource the whole enterprise.

Rant off.

• Like 1

Every tried to use Celebrity's website?  

image.png.e8de12b76432e71888be24bb5879340d.png

LOTS of US based TA's have stopped booking MSC.   Including the big online one that I've used for years that gives me extra OBC for loyalty.  And that big box warehouse store that so many others use.  To book this cruise, I had to use another big online TA, where I at least got a discount for doing the booking online.

Personally, I've booked all my cruises on Celebrity through their website and I have NEVER had a problem at all with them.  Every time I make a deposit, make a payment, book an excursion or add any extra, I always get an immediate email with my receipt and updated cruise documents.  I can even reach someone through chat with no problems with Celebrity.  I'm not sure if any problems people are having is due to them being outside the USA, but I've never had problems with Celebrity's website throughout my years of dealing with them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dexddd said:

Personally, based on the IT issues, I'd be putting pink slips in for the top 5% of your IT management and look to outsource the whole enterprise.

How much ya wanna bet that it's already outsourced?

Edited by jkgourmet

On 12/16/2019 at 4:47 PM, deliver42 said:

I used a TA once, and he, too stopped booking MSC due to their telephone hold times.

That seems to be a problem as my TA told me the same, they are so difficult to get through!

I too had many website/app issues with MSC before the cruise.  However, once onboard the Bellissima, I was shocked at how awesomely well the MSC app worked, and with all of the features and functionality.  It was very surprising and well done.

Now that Zoe thing is another matter... waste of time and space.

15 hours ago, twruger said:

I too had many website/app issues with MSC before the cruise.  However, once onboard the Bellissima, I was shocked at how awesomely well the MSC app worked, and with all of the features and functionality.  It was very surprising and well done.

Now that Zoe thing is another matter... waste of time and space.

Good to hear about the app.  What is "that Zoe thing"?

Ok

So we know MSC trying to get into NA market.  Many reports of how they keep stepping on themselves.  Yet onboard things good.

IMO they are quickly losing any momentum with the gaffs.  

So with continuation, trying to book $60,000 of YC cabins in 2021 for family outing and TA getting yes available then no not available.  Appears MSC technology focused on making booking rooms as difficult as possible.  She again spent hours trying to buy product with not much luck.

MSC, this is a large TA, not that it should matter, that you had a team in around 18 months ago promising dedicated lines and to improve service.  This does not appear to be the case.  Your future largely riding how you serve these TAs and us.