Buying Soda for the room

tracks221

I always order coke and water online about a month before our cruise. Has something changed?

Edit: I just went to my cruise manager, and wow, I can't buy coke. I can buy water, juice, beer, and other stuff, but no coke. As a grumpy old man, I can say with all honesty that I hate change.

Edited by wms99

37 minutes ago, wms99 said:

I always order coke and water online about a month before our cruise. Has something changed?

Edit: I just went to my cruise manager, and wow, I can't buy coke. I can buy water, juice, beer, and other stuff, but no coke. As a grumpy old man, I can say with all honesty that I hate change.

They are switching to pepsi, and when that was announced, they removed all pop from the website to order shortly after.  I am guessing they are recoding, and may not bring it back for cruises still this year.  You may be able to call to order, not sure.

8 minutes ago, rukkian said:

They are switching to pepsi, and when that was announced, they removed all pop from the website to order shortly after.  I am guessing they are recoding, and may not bring it back for cruises still this year.  You may be able to call to order, not sure.

Just a point of clarification from my above post. Where I'm from, the south, Pepsi and any other fizzy drink is referred to as coke. So when I say I can't buy coke (little c) that means both Coke and Pepsi. We always buy a 6 pack of non denominational soda to have in our room as a daily balcony treat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, wms99 said:

Just a point of clarification from my above post. Where I'm from, the south, Pepsi and any other fizzy drink is referred to as coke. So when I say I can't buy coke (little c) that means both Coke and Pepsi. We always buy a 6 pack of non denominational soda to have in our room as a daily balcony treat.

I get that coke is the generic name in parts of the country, that really doesn't matter.  My point was that they are switching coke (pop, soda....) from Coca-Cola to Pepsi, and with that, it looks like they have removed all coke (soda, pop....) from the website.  My guess is they will leave it off the site until the switch is complete, so they do not have people order Coca-Cola and end up with Pepsi, or vice-versa, and coding each sailing with the correct thing might be tough.  People that are sailing before the end of the year, may be able to call in and get it, not sure.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 8:27 AM, wms99 said:

I mentioned this (coke vs. Coke) in another thread and at least one person from the south commented they never heard of it.  Thanks for clarifying I wasn't loosing my mind 😉 

"Non-denominational" soda made me chuckle 😄 

On 12/16/2019 at 8:27 AM, wms99 said:

Unless you are from Georgia.  Then it has to be Coke.  Otherwise it is blasphemy!  LOL

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, tracks221 said:

Does anyone have any idea on when we will be able to purchase soda for the room on the Carnival website?  

I looked yesterday and saw it there, 6 pack for $10, so you should be able to buy it now.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:27 AM, wms99 said:

Non-denominational soda made me laugh. Nice.

I'm in Arkansas and when we had sodas at home I always said, "Would you like a coke?" and then if they said yes, I would ask if they wanted Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. HA!

• Like 1