Wine packages

IslandWeasel

I haven't been able to access my on-line Cunard account for months, and Cunard seem to have lost interest in sorting it out, but grateful if someone could tell me if Cunard offer wine packages.

We usually travel on HAL, which has three levels of packages with 4, 6 or 8 bottles in each. An 8-bottle "Cellar No. 1" package costs $219 plus gratuities, which works out at around $32 per bottle (and, due to our Mariner status, we get it for half that).

Thank you

Yes they do.  PDF brochure attached.  I found it awhile back somewhere on the Cunard site.  With all the website updates, I'm not sure if the brochure is still downloadable.  The wine packages definitely exist, though, and are available by calling Cunard.  They cannot be bought online.  When on longer voyages, we find the 12-bottle Commodore package works well for us.  When you get aboard, you get a coupon book, and you exchange one coupon for each bottle in the package with your sommelier.  You can mix any combination of the wines in your package.  

CU_Wine_Packages.pdf

Here's a link to another version of the Cunard wine collections brochure. This one can be found on the Cunard website via the FAQ within the answer to the question "Do you offer a drinks package?" Based on the higher prices and its current availability online, this version of the brochure may be a bit more up-to-date.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/life-on-board/drinks-packages/wine-collections-brochure.pdf

Thanks bluemarble.  That does look a little more recent than the one I had.  It also correctly indicates that the packages are only available in 6- and 12- bottle quantities, a change which occurred after the date of my older brochure.  I hadn't heard that they could now be purchased online.  The last time I tried in early 2019, I had to call the Cunard call centre here in Australia.  One advantage for us Australians of calling is that the packages are sold in A$ from Cunard Australia, so we don't incur foreign currency charges on our credit cards.

21 minutes ago, sfred said:

... only available in 6- and 12- bottle quantities,

I can’t get at the details of the packages through the UK website either via the FAQ or the voyage personaliser but it does quote the same “from $299” as bluemarble’s link. Interestingly it also says “6, 12, 24 and 48 bottle packages”.

33 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

I can’t get at the details of the packages through the UK website either via the FAQ or the voyage personaliser but it does quote the same “from $299” as bluemarble’s link. Interestingly it also says “6, 12, 24 and 48 bottle packages”.

Try this link to the UK FAQ: Do you offer a drinks package?

The link to the wine collections brochure is found on that page at tailor made collection under the heading "Wine collections from $299."

For those in the US, here's a link to the US FAQ: Do you offer a drinks package?

The link to the wine collections brochure is found on that page at wine collections under the heading "Queen Elizabeth, Queen Victoria, and Queen Mary 2."

Note in the US FAQ, there are two separate entries for the question "Do you offer a drinks package?" Only the one with "FAQ49" in its URL contains the link to the brochure. The other one with "faq335" in its URL does not.

Edited by bluemarble

1 minute ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Hi blue marble, your UK FAQ link gets me a 404 error (as does the US one). The other ones both get me the pdf the same as your original post.

Sorry to here about the 404 error you're getting on the link I supplied to the UK FAQ. I've tested that link from here using a vpn connection to make it look like I'm in the UK, but I guess that's not exactly the same as actually being in the UK for some reason in this case. Here is a copy-and-paste of the section from the UK FAQ discussing the wine collections.

Wine collections from $299.

Guests can choose a tailor made collection of either six or twelve bottles from one of two distinctly different yet exquisite wine collections; The Commodore Collection and The Captain's Collection. A full brochure is available from the Sommelier team detailing each collection from which guests will make their selections.

Captain's Collection: $299 (6 bottles), $560 (12 bottles)
Commodore Collection: $395 (6 bottles), $715 (12 bottles)

*Prices are subject to change

This is what I’m seeing on my VP.

Wine Collections 

Price: $299.00

Our expert sommeliers have handpicked a range of fine wines from around the world to create two distinctly different yet equally exquisite wine collections: the Commodore’s Collection and the Captain’s Collection. From crisp whites to full-bodied reds, each Cunard wine collection comprises an exceptional mix of wines for you to choose from, to create your very own tailor-made selection, of either 6, 12, 24 or 48 bottles 

From $299

But there’s no link to the pdf.

It used to be possible to purchase in advance, but this year, we could only buy once on board. Your sommelier will organise and provide you with a booklet of vouchers.

If using the vouchers outside the restaurant, they can only be used during restaurant hours.

Thank you all for your help with this.

I have perused the (2018) wine list and there are a number of good wines in the $40's (and glasses under $10) so we shall be going this route rather than buying a package up front.

Just asked Cunard if they could switch my World Club membership from UK (where I set it up) to USA (where I book my cruises) but they are two different systems so clearly beyond their ability to make the change, which rather makes a mockery of calling it the World Club. So I shall never be able to access my Cruise Personaliser. Thank you, Cunard.

54 minutes ago, IslandWeasel said:

Just asked Cunard if they could switch my World Club membership from UK (where I set it up) to USA (where I book my cruises) but they are two different systems so clearly beyond their ability to make the change, which rather makes a mockery of calling it the World Club. 

Strange.

I ended up with two WC accounts (Uk and US) and all it took was a phone call to amalgamate them into one.