Stay a while - final day

downundermatt

Forgive this question from a Newbie - I was unable to find an answer on the boards.

I know in some ports (mainly Europe) Celebrity and Royal give you the opportunity to stay on board longer and check out after lunch.

on your final day - The program is called Stay a While and you pay for a fee via your cruise planner.

Just wondering and hoping Azamara offer such a deal when our cruise finishes in Athens next April.

They do, but very much depends on local rules each cruise. I have done it in Athens two years ago.  The charge was $35 per person. So assuming no local strikes etc you should be ok. Set it up at Guest Relations early in the cruise as it’s numbers limited 

It will be an option on the debarkation sheet that arrives in your cabin a few days before the end of the cruise, but no harm in checking with Guest Relations during the cruise.  My experience, having done it a number of times is that there has not been a problem with availability.  Some ports are easier than others.  Athens is easy.  Just stay on the ship.  Venice for example not so much because you have to physically get off the ship and get back on.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the info - hoping we can stay the final day as we have done Athens before and have a late departure.

We will have OBC left from the Essentials Package, which I believe  can only be used for tours - can we use this credit to stay on board the last day - it's still not available in the cruise planner and the trip is just four weeks away .... Otherwise assume I can use it for an airport transfer if we can't stay on board ?

On 12/17/2019 at 6:13 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

It will be an option on the debarkation sheet that arrives in your cabin a few days before the end of the cruise, but no harm in checking with Guest Relations during the cruise.  My experience, having done it a number of times is that there has not been a problem with availability.  Some ports are easier than others.  Athens is easy.  Just stay on the ship.  Venice for example not so much because you have to physically get off the ship and get back on.

Phil

Phil, I stayed on in Auckland and yes it was $35.00 to stay until 3:30pm.  But, I had to get off and come on again as you did in Venice.