Celebrity "Elite" tries Azamara - loves it!

StartrainDD

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

Who exactly just has to make it happen? - limitations matter a lot to cruisers who want particular itineraries - Azamara is about the destinations so if there is a limitation there is no deal to be had.  I don't cruise just to snag points/cruises there has to be a destination.  Currently against my criteria I struggle to find a great deal on Azamara but I will keep watching.

Should you have any interest in South America, come join us on our cruise next November--the prices have dropped recently and at least in US dollars, are decent 🙂 

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

Who exactly just has to make it happen? - limitations matter a lot to cruisers who want particular itineraries - Azamara is about the destinations so if there is a limitation there is no deal to be had.  I don't cruise just to snag points/cruises there has to be a destination.  Currently against my criteria I struggle to find a great deal on Azamara but I will keep watching.

life’s too short to have limitations, and just because a particular itinerary doesn’t work out perfectly doesn’t mean I cross it off my list.

totally agree Az is about the destination and longer stays, which allows you to “explore further” and all that extra time you have in a port should reduce your limitations. #GoExplore 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Should you have any interest in South America, come join us on our cruise next November--the prices have dropped recently and at least in US dollars, are decent 🙂 

Thanks, we have done all these itineraries - we are on the Journey South Africa then.  But nice suggestion IF you are happy to take the $ risk.

I was looking for some Med cruises that have ports we are missing plus Japan, Ireland and Iceland - all still at prices I don't consider a bargain on the dates I can go.  So whilst there are deals, for some making it happen isn't something you can direct them to do (I know you did not!) 

Just now, CruiseImage said:

life’s too short to have limitations, and just because a particular itinerary doesn’t work out perfectly doesn’t mean I cross it off my list.

totally agree Az is about the destination and longer stays, which allows you to “explore further” and all that extra time you have in a port should reduce your limitations. #GoExplore 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am flexible about itineraries but it has to do something for me.  Life has many limitations beyond the choice of cruises for many guests and I, like many, have other things to consider.

30 minutes ago, uktog said:

Thanks, we have done all these itineraries - we are on the Journey South Africa then.  But nice suggestion IF you are happy to take the $ risk.

I was looking for some Med cruises that have ports we are missing plus Japan, Ireland and Iceland - all still at prices I don't consider a bargain on the dates I can go.  So whilst there are deals, for some making it happen isn't something you can direct them to do (I know you did not!) 

Well, someone posted recently about the Japan cruise they were looking at having a price drop, so hopefully one that fits your schedule will also have a drop at some point.  Makes it hard to plan, though!  We can only book a year in advance, and even that is stretching it with our work commitments, so we can afford to wait to see what prices work for us with our schedule.

I was surprised at how pricey the Ireland and Scotland Azamara cruises are!  Those darn PerryGolfers driving up the prices, I bet 😉 

On 12/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, CruiseImage said:

I’m fortunately toP membership with X but going on Az for my first cruise, the longest cruise ward quite rightly went to the longest “Azamara” cruisers although I had 3x the points they had. 

I think I'm right in saying that those with more points than anyone else, either Celebrity or Azamara are a couple that sail exclusively on Azamara in the top suites and have 100+ cruises.  Of course sailing in the bigger suites doesn't necessarily equate to loyalty, but to some it's important. 

There are a few serial cruisers on Azamara and Celebrity and if I can be sure of one thing? Those that think they have so many points will always be beaten by someone else. At the end of the day what is important is the journey one is doing, not the status one has. 

I think I've sailed with you on Azamara. Are you the guy who spins the camera round on a piece of string to get a 360° photo?  On social media a lot?

Phil 

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think I'm right in saying that those with more points than anyone else, either Celebrity or Azamara are a couple that sail exclusively on Azamara in the top suites and have 100+ cruises.  Of course sailing in the bigger suites doesn't necessarily equate to loyalty, but to some it's important. 

There are a few serial cruisers on Azamara and Celebrity and if I can be sure of one thing? Those that think they have so many points will always be beaten by someone else. At the end of the day what is important is the journey one is doing, not the status one has. 

I think I've sailed with you on Azamara. Are you the guy who spins the camera round on a piece of string to get a 360° photo?  On social media a lot?

Phil 

Yes Phil, not quite a piece of string but along those lines 😎

Spent a 17 night crossing onboard with you earlier this year, but for whatever reason(s) didn’t quite get to speak in person.

totally agree with you on the journey and as we both know it’s also quite a journey up the loyalty ladder itself, but I’ve enjoyed every single cruise moment I’ve had and will continue to do so.

I also disagree with purchased loyalty, like you say top suites does not mean loyalty and with only 3 Az cruises done so far would never expect to be awarded top cruiser, either for being in a top suite or loyal more to X.

Az have it absolutely right and just love it’s done the way it is.  

• Like 1