Cold on Regal?

tampadee

Was on her in November and froze!  I wore a fleece almost everyday and a wrap each night.  But then, there were many shorts and summery clothes so maybe it was just my body.  Be prepared just in case. You could actually feel the temp drop as you walked deck seven between the different events and areas.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, tampadee said:

We are leaving Sunday on Regal.  How cold is it around the ship?  I was just on a cruise that the air conditioning was so cold I was sorry I didn't pack warmer clothes.

Thanks.

We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam 2 weeks ago and we were freezing the whole week. The lines keep the ships very cold to fight off germs that lead to viruses so we always pack sweaters and light jackets. 

We were on The Regal last week. To me, it's freezing everywhere I go onboard. I do have a medical condition and cold does worsen it. I took jeans, a jacket, a sweatshirt, a long-sleeved top, and I bring shoulder wraps for formal nights. One can feel the difference throughout the ship. You can adjust your cabin temperature to a degree but the rest of the ship, be prepared to cover up in restaurants, dining rooms, the theatre, etc.

They keep it cold for the same reason doctors' offices and hospitals do: to kill germs and prevent bacteria from growing and spreading.

Edited by missaretha
additional content

On 12/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, tampadee said:

We are leaving Sunday on Regal.  How cold is it around the ship?  I was just on a cruise that the air conditioning was so cold I was sorry I didn't pack warmer clothes.

Thanks.

Most ALL cruise ships are super cold. I say most. My wife always packs a long sleeved blouse and also brings a sweater. You will see many with hoodies even. I can understand the main Theater. Once every is in there it starts to warm up. But the rest of the ship? Dame thing in land restaurants. Why are they always so darn cold. Your food gets cold so fast if you are even lucky enough to get hot food in the first place. Same on the ship.

It is common practice to keep any large gathering area (theater, MDR etc) colder than normal since once the pax fill up the area they will heat up the room.  On land theaters, auditoriums etc will also do this again since the heat load from a vary large group of people will give the a/c units a real task.  The HC/WFM are the exception since doors in front and rear go out to the open deck and due to the crowd are open most of the time.  So in tropical or warm climates keeping the room cool is a herculean task.