bonus cruise day credits

map03020

Never forget you have paid for the stars and they are not cheap.

We don't regret the spend, we have enjoyed every cruise we have done, the places we've seen and the people we have met.

We both reached and went  past the 5 star level after our last cruise. I did some back of the envelope math and the cost of those stars, earned between 2013 and 2019, ran somewhere in the range of $200,000- 250,000 Canadian for the two of us. That is only the amount paid to HAL,  it does not include airfares, or hotel and other costs pre and post cruise. 

18 minutes ago, old mike said:

Never forget you have paid for the stars and they are not cheap.

We don't regret the spend, we have enjoyed every cruise we have done, the places we've seen and the people we have met.

We both reached and went  past the 5 star level after our last cruise. I did some back of the envelope math and the cost of those stars, earned between 2013 and 2019, ran somewhere in the range of $200,000- 250,000 Canadian for the two of us. That is only the amount paid to HAL,  it does not include airfares, or hotel and other costs pre and post cruise. 

Definitely our most expensive piece of jewelry  😉

I can’t remember the answer to this:

if you book during a HAL promo where wifi and gratuities are included, do you get Mariner credits for what those would normally cost?

I have read you do for the gratuities and drink packages (I think?) but is it also what the wifi would cost?

Interested in the answer to this. I do not know, but looking at our Mariner history, it seems that the answer is at least the price of the SBP if not the value of the drinks we ordered were credited to our $300/"day", on those cruises where we had E4 inclusion of SBP.

Have never had included wifi so that is a subtly I had not even considered.