Random Bliss Stuff - Dec. 1 - 12-Day Southern Caribbean out of NYC

JamieLogical

12 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Nice to hear about ports we haven't been to since many years ago.  I remember we loved walking around Barbados too🌞

We enjoyed barbados again recently. Cab ride to the boatyard beach bar. $25 pp getting chairs umbrellas drink ride back to ya ship and a snorkeling boat ride to sea turtles and ship wreck.

Great place.
2 Mt gay rum drinks for $3.50 USA dollars during happy hour makes it hard to walk!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 4:59 PM, JamieLogical said:

I will try to finish up with posts about specialty dining, included dining, and an other random thoughts tomorrow. In the mean time, if you want to see more of the Bliss, you should check out all the 360 degree videos was posted on YouTube after our February sailing. You can pan the camera around with your mouse or by swiping on your phone. It's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbilSH3PDThpZMOiyXJJGDA

Did you happen to grab any menu pics? I was wondering what the prices looked like at Food Republic. Judging by a recent Encore menu it looks like they doubled, wanted to see if it affected the Bliss as well.

I was on this cruise and I don't have pics but I can confirm prices went up. Items I used to see at $7 / $8 are now $11 / $12. The Carrot Halwa went up to $7. Sushi is around $12. IIRC, Ramen is $16 or $17 now.  

One thing that caught my eye was I dined at Food Republic on 3 different Escape cruises in 2019 (I noticed the price creep on my Sept 2019 cruise) and the final time in 2019 on this Bliss cruise and the portions seemed noticeably smaller. I had the SDP on allmy 2019 cruises so it covered up to 4 items at Food Republic but still. Paying more for less is not a good thing. 

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

Did you happen to grab any menu pics? I was wondering what the prices looked like at Food Republic. Judging by a recent Encore menu it looks like they doubled, wanted to see if it affected the Bliss as well.

We usually skip Food Republic, so I didn't get pictures of the menu. It's nice that it's now included on the Specialty Dining package, but we still prefer the other restaurants. And thank you for quoting that post! I totally didn't realize I never came back to finish up my review! I will have to do that tomorrow if I get the time.

Yeah Saint Lucia 

We were attempting to walk into the near by town market, people kept asking us if we wanted a cab, after saying numerous "no thank you's", once I said:  "no we have other plans".  guy said: "why you lieing to me",  I said: "have a good day sir" he said: "Id have a good day if you gave me $100 dollars", so that was it for us back to the ship.

Edited by Newleno