Emerald Princess Mini Suites

Northumberland

I had posted this topic on "Request cabin tips" and it was suggested I repost on the Princess site.

I was looking for input on mini suite cabin locations between deck 8 & deck 9 on the Emerald Princess.

We ultimately chose suite E720 based on the deck plans we viewed and a few comments we read. Then cabin E730 became available that has a larger balcony and we were able to switch it over.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin or any of the adjacent cabins on deck 8. As we've never been on this class ship, any input would be appreciated. 

23 minutes ago, Northumberland said:

I had posted this topic on "Request cabin tips" and it was suggested I repost on the Princess site.

I was looking for input on mini suite cabin locations between deck 8 & deck 9 on the Emerald Princess.

We ultimately chose suite E720 based on the deck plans we viewed and a few comments we read. Then cabin E730 became available that has a larger balcony and we were able to switch it over.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin or any of the adjacent cabins on deck 8. As we've never been on this class ship, any input would be appreciated. 

Good choice!!

IMO Emerald deck mini's are the best because they have a full cover over the balcony.

They are located in a dead end corridor which cuts down on foot traffic and there are only 12 or so and they go fast.

E730 has a bigger balcony than the rest because it extends aft about 8 more ft.

Dolphin deck mini balconies are completely uncovered.

Best to mark your booking "No Upgrade"!

Or you might find yourself moved (Upgraded) to a Dolphin deck mini as they are a higher Cat.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Northumberland said:

You will love this cabin! It is completely covered and the balcony is much bigger with a view of the aft as well. I have stayed in these cabins several times and they are my favorite mini's.

Edited by tonit964
spelling error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Good choice!!

IMO Emerald deck mini's are the best because they have a full cover over the balcony.

They are located in a dead end corridor which cuts down on foot traffic and there are only 12 or so and they go fast.

E730 has a bigger balcony than the rest because it extends aft about 8 more ft.

Dolphin deck mini balconies are completely uncovered.

Best to mark your booking "No Upgrade"!

Or you might find yourself moved (Upgraded) to a Dolphin deck mini as they are a higher Cat.  

Thank you for the no upgrade advise. Actually, someone else had also suggested that when we originally booked E720 . So, we adjusted our booking to no upgrade at that time.

40 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Also a  quad so has an upper as well.

That's good to know. We've never booked a mini before. We usually travel with another couple and choose inside cabins or balconies that are side by side. Unfortunately, my best friend passed away suddenly in September. So, his wife (our other best friend) is coming with us and sharing the cabin.. We decided booking a mini would give us enough room for 3 adults to be comfortable. That was also a factor in changing our stateroom from E720 to E730 with the larger balcony.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:40 AM, Northumberland said:

We did a last minute and one of the only available Minis was E731 (other side from E730). We normally book D400s as DW needs middle low for motion. We had flat waters and loved looking out the back as we sailed off. Great location though Club Fusion is right below you. E731 was on the other side of the stage and we heard no late night noise.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, Northumberland said:

We stayed in this cabin in September.  We would never stay in it again - the noise from the Club below went on very late into the night and did bother us.  One night my husband went down to the club at 1 AM - all the lights on, music blaring, but nobody was there.  One noisy night he walked to Customer Service, they told him just to call next time and they'd take care of it - so the next time he called, however, they did not answer the phone. Like everyone says - it's a great cabin with a great balcony, but the noise is a deal breaker for us.  We were in the cabin for 21 days, we don't remember it being horrible the first week, but the next two weeks were awful. We did a letter of complaint while on the ship and then on the survey, we did not hear anything back from Princess. Maybe you stay up late at night and it wouldn't be a problem for you, but when it goes past midnight it is a problem for us.

21 minutes ago, vantec said:

We stayed in this cabin in September.  We would never stay in it again - the noise from the Club below went on very late into the night and did bother us.  One night my husband went down to the club at 1 AM - all the lights on, music blaring, but nobody was there.  One noisy night he walked to Customer Service, they told him just to call next time and they'd take care of it - so the next time he called, however, they did not answer the phone. Like everyone says - it's a great cabin with a great balcony, but the noise is a deal breaker for us.  We were in the cabin for 21 days, we don't remember it being horrible the first week, but the next two weeks were awful. We did a letter of complaint while on the ship and then on the survey, we did not hear anything back from Princess. Maybe you stay up late at night and it wouldn't be a problem for you, but when it goes past midnight it is a problem for us.

Thank you for your response. We've read reviews both positive and negative about the noise from the club in this stateroom because it's directly above the stage. I don't want to change staterooms again. So, I'm thinking a solution might be to bring earplugs as a precaution. Wish us luck. 🎧📢

14 hours ago, Northumberland said:

Thank you for your response. We've read reviews both positive and negative about the noise from the club in this stateroom because it's directly above the stage. I don't want to change staterooms again. So, I'm thinking a solution might be to bring earplugs as a precaution. Wish us luck. 🎧📢

I always travel with ear plugs, they did not help in this case because of the extremely loud thump, thump, thump and vibrations from the speakers.  I do wish you luck - there is a lot to like about that cabin and not everyone seems to have run into the problems that we did!

The only noise we heard during our 15 day trip was at 9:15 in mornings when they held Zumba classes in Club Fusion. That was a non issue as normally we were up and about by then on most days. I wouldn't worry about. Enjoy your cruise.

Mike

Edited by mkitchy
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:36 PM, TheRabbit said:

We did a last minute and one of the only available Minis was E731 (other side from E730). We normally book D400s as DW needs middle low for motion. We had flat waters and loved looking out the back as we sailed off. Great location though Club Fusion is right below you. E731 was on the other side of the stage and we heard no late night noise.

I was going to mention the same thing.  We stayed in E725 on the Emerald but in E731 on the Star twice.  

We didn't hear any noise from Club Fusion but others on the port side did hear the bass and drums from their room up until midnight or so.  E731 is right above the stage area.  If noise doesn't bother you, then it is a perfect location.  

Just of note, we had quite a bit of rattling from vibration in our room (E725) on the Emerald.  There must have been a wire loose behind the wall and it drove my DH crazy as we really noticed it when we were cruising at a pretty good clip at night.  And, the thruster noise, for about 5-7 minutes when docking or leaving port was incredibly loud.  We didn't experience that on the Star, but both those sailings were short sailings and don't think there were a lot of ports of call on either of them ... so, we really just didn't notice that noise.  

Either way, they are incredibly nice mini suites and we loved the extra large balcony and the unobstructed views ... oh, and our sailing on the Emerald was in hot weather and the ones on the Star were in rather inclement weather so, having full covering on the balcony was most welcomed.  

• Like 1