Mardi Gras Refund?

WhaleTailFlCruiser

Our PVP told me by phone yesterday, that Carnival isn’t  automatically refunding $$ for the cancelled cruises, as many passengers are re-booking.  I reminded her that when we spoke in December, we had asked for a full refund of what we paid towards the cruise itself (or I think I did??) and we would start over when the $ was credited back to our credit cards.

10 days ago I submitted a refund request for air and hotels that we can no longer use.  Today I heard from them asking for more info.  So...things seem to be slowly progressing.

I called on Satruday to re-book, after a long discussion and invovling a supervisor, I was able to have my deposit transferred to my new booking. My PVP insisted that my deposit had been credited to my orginal payment, but I had not received it. 

On 12/24/2019 at 4:07 AM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Anyone gotten there refund yet? Curious how long this will take.

MY TA finalized everything and called me. Said Carnival is giving me the balance not use back to my credit card. They told her 7-10 days. I received it in 48 hours.

I got my refund back yesterday. It took about 5 days to actually get it. 

I did rebook on another cruise but was I suppose to get 25% off the new cruise price or 25% off what my mardi gras cruise rate was? I have heard people say they got one over the other?

10 minutes ago, nolababe504 said:

I got my refund back yesterday. It took about 5 days to actually get it. 

I did rebook on another cruise but was I suppose to get 25% off the new cruise price or 25% off what my mardi gras cruise rate was? I have heard people say they got one over the other?

Not 25% off of your next cruise price. The person who said that was mistaken. You receive 25% of your Mardi Gras cost as FCC Plus the $100.00 OBC pp on you r next cruise if you book it by the allotted time. Somewhere around feb 18 or so.

You will receive a 25% FCC from the cost of the Mardi Gras cruise that was cancelled, to be used against my next cruise. Not a 25% discount off of my next cruise. 

This is the information for the October 31, 2020 cruise out of Florida.

Carnival Cruise Line has been informed by officials at the Meyer Turku shipyard that delivery of Mardi Gras will be delayed and is advising booked guests and travel advisors that the first revenue sailing of the ship will be Nov. 14, 2020.

With this new schedule, Carnival will now take delivery of the ship in late October and its first revenue sailing will depart from Port Canaveral on Nov. 14, 2020.  Consequently, the first eight sailings that were scheduled starting Aug. 31 have been cancelled, including European, transatlantic and New York-based itineraries and four Port Canaveral itineraries.

Carnival said that the guest notification process began promptly after the notice by Meyer Turku so that impacted guests could begin to make alternative vacation plans.  As a gesture of goodwill, Carnival is offering these guests a 25 percent future cruise credit (FCC), in addition to the full refund of their cruise fare (and applicable fees and taxes and other pre-purchased cruise components), as well as assistance with non-refundable airline and hotel reservations already booked. In addition, if guests rebook their cruise vacation using their 25 percent FCC by Feb. 18, 2020, they will be credited with an additional $100 per person onboard credit for that cruise.  Carnival has also communicated guidelines to travel advisors regarding commission protection. 

"We have been working closely with Meyer Turku executives to keep the Mardi Gras delivery on schedule, and while we deeply regret disappointing our guests, this change in the delivery date is required to make sure all of the ship's systems, features and technology will be fully operational, so that we can give our guests the vacation they expect. Our commitment is to deliver a great and innovative ship, and Mardi Gras will definitely be that when it arrives in North America," said Ben Clement, Carnival Cruise Line's senior vice president of newbuild.

14 minutes ago, ishap said:

I am still waiting for the refund...haven't seen it hit the card yet.

You might want to call - I called yesterday to rebook and they still had not done anything with my deposit - they put it towards my new booking.  I thought they would have processed the refund already, but not the case.

I did call directly to advise  (a) I am not re-booking a cruise and (b) I never received the letter. They sent the letter and everything has been refunded except for one credit card charge. The revenue accounting agent was very professional and accommodating. I would think they would wait to see how many are re-booking using the credit, etc., and moving original payments for the Mardi Gras to the new booking.  Just my thought process.

•  
  •  
  • RE: April 30, 2011

You will receive a 25% FCC from the cost of the Mardi Gras cruise that was cancelled, to be used against my next cruise. Not a 25% discount off of my next cruise.

The FCC is 25% of your last cruise price, not the Mardi Gras cruise price. We argued that with Carnival, but they insist that FCC is not the Mardi Gras cruise price.

FYI

1 hour ago, SC Beachlover said:
  •  
  •  

The FCC is 25% of your last cruise price, not the Mardi Gras cruise price. We argued that with Carnival, but they insist that FCC is not the Mardi Gras cruise price.

FYI

I do not know how they figure the 25%. Taking the 25% of the total cost of the cruise less the tax and port charges. They gave me more than what that came out to. I would think that tax and port charges are fully refundable. I do not recall receiving them back.

Just now, twodaywonder said:

I do not know how they figure the 25%. Taking the 25% of the total cost of the cruise less the tax and port charges. They gave me more than what that came out to. I would think that tax and port charges are fully refundable. I do not recall receiving them back.

Dumb me. Considering that the cruise was not fully paid. I never paid the tax and port in the first place. Duh!

2 hours ago, SC Beachlover said:
  •  

FYI

That is totally wrong. The FCC is 25% of your Mardi Gras base cruise rate. Just applied it to my Radiance Bermuda cruise. 😎

•  
  •  

FYI

I just rebooked last night, we were originally on the 15 nighter so our price was big- I got FCC of about $1200 - which I put toward an 8 night cruise in 2021. It was definitely not based on our last cruise which was only 5

nights 🙂 For us the discounted price of the new cruise was about 70% off the listed price, with the 25% discount from Mardi Gras 

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

RE: my ERROR ...The FCC is 25% of your last cruise price, not the Mardi Gras cruise price....

I re-verified the discount. You are all correct. It was based on the Mardi Gras cruise price. The quote we had was for one person, but was calculated correctly in the total price.  THANK YOU ALL for your help! 

RE: my ERROR ...The FCC is 25% of your last cruise price, not the Mardi Gras cruise price....

I re-verified the discount. You are all correct. It was based on the Mardi Gras cruise price. The quote we had was for one person, but was calculated correctly in the total price.  THANK YOU ALL for your help! 

Glad you got the correct amount applied. Happy cruising! 😀

Anyone have this issue?

We were booked Mardi Gras Aug 31 and Sep 8 (B2B).  

Carnival is telling me we get up to $450 pp refunded from our airline costs.  We had 2 flights to get us to Copenhagen, then 1 flight from NY = 3 flights between the 2 cruise bookings.

Our flights are not refundable ( one was with pts, which we do get back, but there is a fee to do this) we are out $1350.00 ish CDN funds.  Carnival is telling us we get a total of $450 USD back for the airfare..per person.  BUT...this is all we get....they don’t care that it’s 2 separate cruise bookings.  I asked “ isn’t it $450 pp per cruise?  I should have $450 pp for each of the cruises?”   We were told NO!