Marella Discovery Itinerary Change. Colours of the Far East (Merged threads).

:classic_biggrin:

Quick, clean and easy to figure out as a means of getting around independently.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/Train%20System%20Map%2029122016.pdf

Ship docks near to Harbourfront station. You need to walk through the Vivo City shopping mall to the MRT.

We went to Gardens by the Bay, changing at Chinatown and getting off at Bayfront (less than $S10 return for 2). Most of Gardens by the Bay is free - just the two domes cost.

Easy route instructions:

https://preparetravelplans.com/gardens-by-the-bay-attractions-guide/

Make sure you figure out the way back through Vivo City - we had to ask the way to the cruise terminal :classic_blush:.

Or from the ship walk to Sentosa Island via the boardwalk (Google it) and catch the monorail back (free?)

Edited by idh2019
spelling
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 9:07 PM, Southendweather said:

We fly from Gatwick 01:15 Thursday 13th February. As it stands we have had no notification of any itinerary changes, keeping everything crossed.

Keith (Southend)

Hi Keith just looking on the flights from Gatwick tomorrow and yours is not showing have they changed it? Anyway hope you have great cruise😎

Edited by Pensioncruiser
C

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi Keith just looking on the flights from Gatwick tomorrow and yours is not showing have they changed it? Anyway hope you have great cruise😎

You had me worried as looking at all the Gatwick departure websites it still sau TOM162 12th Feb @ 18:55, the original time. So I just rang them, to reduce the stress levels, it is still 01:15 on the 13th February ~ phew. Thanks for making me check. I think these chartered flights get missed sometimes as they are purely for Marella Cruises and everyone on it should be on the cruise, I think.

*Asia 'Enchanting Far East Cruise' weather overview*    

10th February 2020              

Max °C Min °C Rain (mm) Bar(mb) Trend Hum% Wind (mph) Weather Location
34.0 24.5 - 1013.1 F 42 E 6 Haze Laem Chabang(81m)
34.7 25.6 - 1013.6 F 51 NW 2 Haze Bangkok Metropolis(3m)
29.8 26.2 37.3 1014.2 F 40 NE 5 * Ko Samui(7m)
34.0 26.4 4.6 1011.9 Fs 58 NE 8 Cloud Incr Langkawi(8m)
32.5 25.6 17.0 1011.4 F 62 W 4 Haze Penang(4m)
31.0 24.0 TR 1011.9 F 68 N 5 Haze Kuala Lumpur(27m)
29.4 23.3 - 1012.2 * 74 NE 7 Haze Malacca(9m)
30.9 23.7 - 1011.3 * 67 NE 6 Haze Singapore(22m)
32.8 22.8 - 1013.1 F 44 NE 4 * Ho Chi Minh City-Nha Be(2m)
x 21.5 - x * * - - * Kompong Som/Ville Ex Sihanoukville(16m)

This is probably the last weather report from me on here, but I'm sure I will post a couple of times as I alway get the internet package on-board.

Keith (Southend)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

This is probably the last weather report from me on here, but I'm sure I will post a couple of times as I alway get the internet package on-board.

Thanks, please let us know how it goes and pass on any tips you have. We fly out later in the month. Unless we can't go because you're in quarantine. 😂😖

• Haha 1

Hope it all goes to plan.

You need to be aware of: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/coronavirus-news-latest-princess-cruises-iglu-package-travel-regulations-a9331066.html

In particular, "Celebrity Constellation has turned around in Sri Lanka and is sailing back to Dubai rather than continuing to Singapore."

This was supposed to be Dubai to Singapore - friends are on this cruise so a major upset but Colombo was the critical destination so at least they have done that.

Hi everyone.  We are at the airport waiting for our flight, hopefully early.  The last passengers only left the ship for Gatwick at 22.10 last night, not good. It is extremely hot in Langkawi, we went on the mangroves boat trip yesterday which was good but all in all the last week had been a waste of time.  Sihanoukville last Saturday not good then a rough sea trip to Vietnam which was average then two days at sea back to a Langkawi.  Most of the week was at sea, the first week was better but far too many long coach rides.  Our favourites were Langkawi, Koh Samui, diy, and Singapore.  Kuala Lumpur too far and too many high rise buildings,  Bangkok too far away at two hours but the temples were spectacular. 

Thanks for the info about the Hornbills, we only saw the one and thought it might have been an escaped Toucan.  It was in the grounds of the hotel at Langkawi.  Watch for prices here, we paid two dollars more for two beers here than two weeks ago.  The guide yesterday suggested the app Grab which is their Uber as the taxi drivers charge 60 in their currency for cruise passengers when it is usually 12-20.

Still nothing said about Malacca being missed, although cabin staff seemed to think they were missing it. Someone else said the final repairs to the transformer should have been completed here at Langkawi. Did the cable car today and now waiting for the muster before tonight’s show. 🛳👍🥃

• Like 1

Hi Southendweather

Hope you're having a great time 

Can you give us an update on how Marella is dealing with the Coronovirus outbreak as many on here are worried

Are you likely to miss Singapore? Are they recommending not going to crowded markets? Etc.

20 hours ago, Southendweather said:

Still nothing said about Malacca being missed, although cabin staff seemed to think they were missing it. Someone else said the final repairs to the transformer should have been completed here at Langkawi. Did the cable car today and now waiting for the muster before tonight’s show. 🛳👍🥃

Okay, fabulous trip in Penang today 👍 Excursion tickets for week 2 in our room and Malacca excursion is included, so ship must be back at full power I assume.

18 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Hi Southendweather

Hope you're having a great time 

Can you give us an update on how Marella is dealing with the Coronovirus outbreak as many on here are worried

Are you likely to miss Singapore? Are they recommending not going to crowded markets? Etc.

Absolutely no problems that we have been told about. Here at Penang the locals screen for temperature (fever) with a hand help device, we smiled as they were dressed like we were entering an Ebola camp! Have found on trips we are grouped together so very unlikely to be a problem, fingers crossed 🤞 Ships operating as normal from what we can see. Kuala Lumpur tomorrow. Keith( Southend)

38 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

Okay, fabulous trip in Penang today 👍 Excursion tickets for week 2 in our room and Malacca excursion is included, so ship must be back at full power I assume.

Hello!!

im glad to hear that all seems to be going smoothly!! We fly out on 27th!!

what trip did you do in Penang??

As far as Singapore is concerned no different to any other port, it was just that British man than brought it home which got in the news.

*Asia 'Enchanting Far East Cruise' weather overview*

13th February 2020              

Max °C Min °C Rain (mm) Bar(mb) Trend Hum% Wind (mph) Weather Location
34.0 25.8 - 1013.9 F 56 SW 6 Haze Laem Chabang(81m)
34.6 27.0 - 1011.8 F 62 SE 3 Haze Bangkok Metropolis(3m)
29.3 27.2 - 1010.9 F 34 SW 6 * Ko Samui(7m)
33.5 27.2 TR 1011.7 Fs 75 W 7 Cloud Incr Langkawi(8m)
33.4 24.6 0.2 1011.2 F 74 SW 7 Haze Penang(4m)
34.7 25.8 37.0 1011.0 F 57 NW 4 Haze Kuala Lumpur(27m)
34.3 25.1 5.0 1011.9 * 62 NE 6 Haze Malacca(9m)
32.2 26.1 - 1011.8 * 62 NE 11 Haze Singapore(22m)
33.5 24.8 - 1011.3 F 53 S 6 * Ho Chi Minh City-Nha Be(2m)
x 22.0 - x * * - - * Kompong Som/Ville Ex Sihanoukville(16m)

The day we arrived at Langkawi        

3 minutes ago, Jane25 said:

Hello!!

im glad to hear that all seems to be going smoothly!! We fly out on 27th!!

what trip did you do in Penang??

'Penang in a Day'

Was lovely, good buffet lunch at the Golden Sands hotel, Batu Ferlinggi, quite sultry, but thats what I'd expected.

Keith (Southend)

21 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

'Penang in a Day'

Was lovely, good buffet lunch at the Golden Sands hotel, Batu Ferlinggi, quite sultry, but thats what I'd expected.

Keith (Southend)

Thanks for that, will have a look!

Looking forward to more updates!

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

Remember they don't release all the excursions online just go to destination services ASAP or fill the booking in that should be in your cabin on arrival and place it in the drop off box. Good luck 🤞

Hi we have had No notification of any changes yet? We go 18th March... I rang they said nothing had changed so very confused! I wrote a complaints letter posted it Friday it just ridiculous lack of communication