Unlimited dining question (oasis)

Bcab999

Hey guys. Quick question to anyone who has done the unlimited dining package. On royals website it says the below. Does anyone know if the $35 is per day/per person?  Thanks in advance!

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.*

It used to be per person per visit..but since they updated the terms and conditions to finally specify the change from the previous $35 to $20 for Playmakers, as well as the $10 upcharge for hibachi..who knows.  They still managed to find a way to keep things vague!

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

It used to be per person per visit..but since they updated the terms and conditions to finally specify the change from the previous $35 to $20 for Playmakers, as well as the $10 upcharge for hibachi..who knows.  They still managed to find a way to keep things vague!

Thanks Ashley. It is a bit vague I agree!

I was on the Nov24 sailing and it was per person per visit at that point.  They also hadn't updated the Terms & Conditions at that point.  The folks at Portside BBQ thought it was $20 per person per day.  Izumi Hibachi thought it wasn't covered at all.  So again..there's likely to be different interpretations onboard the same as always.

However, when they ring up at the ala carte places they are effectively zeroing out your check.  I'm not sure how their individual restaurant's point of sale system ties into determining anything further than whether you have the package or not at the time they are closing out your check.

Edited by AshleyDillo

I thought it was per visit.  I not a happy camper about the Hibachi uncharge as I had purchased the UDP for my next three cruises as I had in the past.  Hibachi was included in full when I booked these and I feel that it is unfair to not grandfather those of us in who ordered before the changes were made.

I feel the same about the reduction of value for Playmakers and I think there is a change to Hooked also, but not having been on Symphony, I'm not sure.  I did read several posts of people getting food in Playmakers and sharing it with others not having the UDP or even paying for the food, so I can more readily understand the limits there as food is not expensive in Playmakers.  To me, one again those who abused the program have ruined it for the rest of us.

• 4 weeks later...

so I can only visit playmakers once a day right? if I get a few snacks for lunch (about $20) and try to go back at night for a bite after a few drinks I will have to pay right? just trying to make sure the UDP is worth it for me.

19 minutes ago, jayveee said:

so I can only visit playmakers once a day right? if I get a few snacks for lunch (about $20) and try to go back at night for a bite after a few drinks I will have to pay right? just trying to make sure the UDP is worth it for me.

It is per visit.  You can go to as many specialty restaurants per day as you like.

I was just on the Indy and we went to playmakers during the day for desert, and then izumi for dinner, etc.

On the royal description it even says

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days.

two of us went on the cruise and we found it to be definitely a great deal. ( it brings things closer to the price of what the speciatly resteraunts used to be (in the $20 range).  We liked it so much we have already purchased it for our upcoming cruises.  But... just do the math, see how many times you might go and see if it is worth it for you..

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt