Will tips go up like Celebrity?

phabric

And another tipping thread degenerates. Who would have thought this would happen?

As I have said in the past, I wish they just make the auto gratuities a hotel charge. We never pull ours, and I am tired of subsidizing the people that do pull them.

Actually, the BSE is a great move by Princess. More passengers will be paying the grats up front, and with no chance of removal. Win/win for everyone.

The total cost of the cruise should include the stateroom fee, taxes and gratuities with the gratuities not cancelled.  Pax who rush to the PSD to remove or decrease gratuities are low life cheats and need to be stopped.  If you need to cheat the staff by cancelling the gratuities, you simply need to stay home. 

Princess advertises their staterooms with only the stateroom fees and not with the added taxes etc to make them look cheaper than they really are.   When you either pick a  cabin or take one they assign, the taxes etc are added to the fee.  Gratuities should be the same.

• Like 1