International Flights for Antarctica - Aerolinas Argentinas

Heartfelttraveler

Our Antarctica Expedition on the Fridtjof Nansen is now less than a year away and in about 4-6 weeks we will be looking at purchasing our airfare round trip to Buenos Aires.

I am looking for feedback on Aerolinas Argentinas Miami to Buenos Aires.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.

We will be flying business class and our traveling companions economy.

Our other option is non-stop from Atlanta on Delta, which is considerably more expensive.

Thanks for your knowledge and experience.

I looked at two week trip pricing Saturday to Saturday November 7-21, 2020.  (We are actually traveling in December 2020 but looking in advance at pricing closest to our travel dates.)

ATL - EZE r/t on Delta is about $9,000 pp

MIA - EZE r/t on Aerolina Argentinas is about $2,300 - $3,000 plus our r/t ATL - MIA which we can do for about 20,000 miles in economy or $550 in first class.

The significant difference in cost is why I am asking about other's satisfaction with the airline.

I haven't flown Aerolinas Argentinas. But, like you, I was tempted by the significant price difference between it and Delta. I did a lot of research and read A LOT of reviews. Most of them were not good. Ultimately, we ended up booking on American, which was priced between Aerolinas Argentinas and Delta.  We leave in about seven weeks, and I'm happy with our decision. I ultimately decided to spend a bit more and go with a known quantity. Best of luck to you!

5 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Ohhbrother - Thanks for the American Airlines heads up.  This is a great option and one we will probably end up with.

I love Delta (Aerolineas Argentinas codeshare with Delta), but AA has better equipment for this itinerary.

Happy to help. We were in exactly the same situation. We're loyal to Delta and fly it almost exclusively. But the American flight offers a better business class seat at a much better price - at least for us. We fly out Feb. 20 for our Midnatsol cruise. I'll let you know how the flight goes!